Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which Remington 700?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nazgul
    Junior Member
    • May 2014
    • 3

    Which Remington 700?

    Hi everyone,

    I'm looking to buy my first gun and have decided on a Remington 700, except as you all probably know there are many many variations and I'm not entirely sure which one to choose so I was hoping for some more expert opinions!

    The bullet will be the .308 since it seems to be the most common and cheapest round, but I'm open ears for other bullets!

    What I'm looking for in my rifle is a 22in barrel with a 1 in 10 twist, this will be used for both hunting and range shooting, and I would hopefully like to be able to shoot up at least 500 yards and maybe 800-1000 as well! I don't mind modding it a little to get the extra accuracy but don't want to mod it to the point where I can just buy a barret MRAD and call it done!
  • #2
    Guardian Mode
    Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 412

    the 700 SPS AAC-SD.
    20" threaded, 1:10

    Comment

    • #3
      E92335i
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 2937

      +1 on AAC-SD. I don't know if your LGS has them in-stock. Most of the stores have returned their Remington 700 due to recall.

      Comment

      • #4
        HatersLOVEme : )
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 956

        I've hear good things about the 5R barreled 700's.
        sigpic

        FOR SALE ! MAGPUL GRIP - MAGPUL STOCK - MAGPUL RVG : CLICK HERE ! : https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1637308

        Comment

        • #5
          Jasonaspears
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 1200

          I have a 5R 308. Great shooter. Out of the box I was shooting .200" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with 175 FGMM ammo. The guys above are right...might be tough to find any 700 right now due to the trigger recall. A Timney 510 will fix the trigger issue if you can find one.

          Comment

          • #6
            Nazgul
            Junior Member
            • May 2014
            • 3

            Hey all thanks for the responses! Is there a 700 similar to the AAC but with a 22 inch barrel?

            Comment

            • #7
              jeffrice6
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2006
              • 5174

              LTR is outstanding! But a 20" barrel
              WTB: S&W 617 4" 10 shot Pre-Lock

              Comment

              • #8
                Jasonaspears
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 1200

                VTR?

                Comment

                • #9
                  CobraRed
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 1018

                  Originally posted by Nazgul
                  Hey all thanks for the responses! Is there a 700 similar to the AAC but with a 22 inch barrel?
                  Not in the 1:10 twist that suits higher BC/heavier bullets

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    HatersLOVEme : )
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 956

                    Originally posted by jeffrice6
                    LTR is outstanding! But a 20" barrel
                    Agreed Jeff it is a awesome rifle right out of the box I have a 700P LTR in .308 with a 20" fluted barrel that I love to death but the OP had asked for a 22in barrel with a 1 in 10 twist and the LTR in .308 has a 1 in 12 twist and he had also stated he possibly wanted it to shoot out to 1000 yards which is possible with a 20" barrel just not so much the 1 in 12 twist since it is not optimum for the heavier grain bullets that you would need / want to shoot that distance. When I talked to the Remington LEO / tactical training rep for CA. about what load and bullet combination had worked well with the LTR he told me the LTR has responded well up to about a 180gr bullet and really shined up to 500-600 yards which is its intended design a light tactical rifle for short to mid range needs of law enforcement so I didn't suggest it.
                    sigpic

                    FOR SALE ! MAGPUL GRIP - MAGPUL STOCK - MAGPUL RVG : CLICK HERE ! : https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1637308

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mr.Caketown
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 7362

                      Originally posted by Jasonaspears
                      VTR?
                      Didn't those have some issues with the barrels flexing or something like that

                      I vote for the 5R as well
                      WTB:
                      1)AR15 Aero Precision Skeletonized Lower
                      2)S&W 686 6in barrel ...686 No dash through 686-4
                      3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jasonaspears
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 1200

                        Originally posted by BrianDavis
                        Didn't those have some issues with the barrels flexing or something like that

                        I vote for the 5R as well
                        Not sure. Just trying to help find a 22" 700

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Nazgul
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2014
                          • 3

                          Thanks for all the responses guys! Really appreciate the help! But as of right now I have seen the VTR and it is unfortunately only a 1 in 12 twist. I was hoping that maybe I missed a 700 that had both a 22in barrel and 1 in 10 twist but looks like I didnt! So I think I may be debating between the LTR and AAC but im not sure which 1...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            USMCM16A2
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 4941

                            Buy a Model 70 Winchester.

                            Save your money, buy a Winchester Model 70!!!!!.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              pewpew5.56
                              Banned
                              • May 2014
                              • 124

                              5r milspec or AAC-SD.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1