Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What scope should I get for my Rifle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NordicDave
    Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 203

    What scope should I get for my Rifle?

    This one!


    Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44mm w/TMR reticle. The 34mm tube makes the scope itself a weapon to wield as a club if the ammo runs out.





    She recently arrived from Opticsplanet, and redefines the word STOUT.

    Just need time to put it on my R700P.

    -NordicDave
  • #2
    peacedivision
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 1717

    Looks good!

    Comment

    • #3
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57179

      $1800 and no illumination?
      Could have had a Razor HD for that...
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #4
        NordicDave
        Member
        • Jan 2014
        • 203

        Just did not want Illumination on this 700P, I have illumination my preban-AR.

        Besides I'd rather have a Leupold, and the new Mark 6 lenses and coatings are definitely a noticeable improvement over the Mark 4, and that's tough since the Mark 4 line is pretty darn good.

        This Mark 6 scope is tough as nails, I can see why the military is buying them in quantity with the Horus reticles.

        -NordicDave
        Last edited by NordicDave; 01-29-2014, 11:20 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          NordicDave
          Member
          • Jan 2014
          • 203

          Here's the review & range report that was the final convincer. It compared the new high res Mark 6 to Nightforce NSX and Razor HD.

          The camera pics through the scope give you an idea of hoe incredibly clear the glass is, but frankly it's even better in person.



          Curious if others have seen these scopes in person. It's a very compact package, more akin to a 3-9x in length rather than a 3-18x.

          -NordicDave

          Comment

          • #6
            smalltime
            Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 208

            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            $1800 and no illumination?
            Could have had a Razor HD for that...
            I think they came out with an illuminated model for a mere $1300 price increase.

            Comment

            • #7
              peacedivision
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 1717

              I've only checked out one Leupold, can't remember the model but it was a FFP 30mm tube with a horus reticle.

              Very nice optic but the image through the 30mm tube was quite a bit smaller than my 34mm Bushnell. My buddy thought my optic was running higher magnification because the image was so much larger.

              Quality was top notch, clear glass. I have to assume a 34mm Leupold is a sweet optic.

              Comment

              • #8
                Cypriss32
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2004
                • 5987

                I'd buy that leupold before a razer. That's not a mark 4 scope. It's a lot better. And weight, holly crap it's light. 23.5 oz if I remember correctly. Perfect ar10 optic!
                "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
                -- Thomas Paine


                Comment

                • #9
                  NordicDave
                  Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 203

                  It's astonishing how light and compact this scope is for up to 18x magnification.

                  From another review, the repeatability of this scope is terrific. After walking the table, checkout the RTZ; return to zero. Also the red dot on the upper left is a 10 shot hole.



                  -NordicDave

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ElvenSoul
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 17431

                    Could you look up in the sky and see if there is life on Mars?
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dannicus
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 2577

                      Originally posted by NordicDave
                      It's astonishing how light and compact this scope is for up to 18x magnification.

                      From another review, the repeatability of this scope is terrific. After walking the table, checkout the RTZ; return to zero. Also the red dot on the upper left is a 10 shot hole.



                      -NordicDave
                      Wow, man. Badazz.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        San_Diego_Shooter
                        Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 181

                        If you can't afford Zeiss, NightForce, US Optics, etc., google SWFA and get the most amazing scope for around $400. I have NF on three of my long range bolt guns. But guys I shoot with have the SWFAs and they're great. Check them out.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          NordicDave
                          Member
                          • Jan 2014
                          • 203

                          Originally posted by ElvenSoul
                          Could you look up in the sky and see if there is life on Mars?
                          Just a minute let me check....

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NordicDave
                            Member
                            • Jan 2014
                            • 203

                            I'm back...

                            Using the new Leupold... Could not see any green men, but did find a couple of small 6 wheeled vehicles roaming around.

                            -NordicDave

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Brave Sir Robin
                              Fleeing with Tail Between Legs
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 361

                              I'll play the underdog card on this one and say save the $400-$800 on a Leupold or Burris and go with a Nikon and/or Bushnell Elite. Half the cost, equal clarity and brightness, and equal warranty support. My Bushnell Elite 3-9x40 equals my Zeiss 3-9x40 in every aspect, and my friends and I even think it has superior light transmission especially when its overcast or starting to get dark. Best optics for around $200.
                              WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

                              I Want my mommy!

                              http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-conte...by-300x261.jpg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1