Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just picked up a savage 11 thxp in 308

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rdcpinoy
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 306

    Just picked up a savage 11 thxp in 308

    Hi everyone I just picked up my first bolt action rifle a savage model 11 thxp in 308 and was wondering if it will accept the extended mags for a savage model 10 in 308
  • #2
    raven290
    Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 361

    Are you sure you have a model 11? It was my understanding that the 11 was the long action version of the 10. As in, .30-06 in the 11 and .308 in the 10. Was I misinformed?

    Comment

    • #3
      Rdcpinoy
      Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 306

      The model I have is the 11/111 trophy hunter xp with Nikon scope I just curious if there is a way for this rifle to have a magazine that holds more then 4 rounds.

      Comment

      • #4
        Model94Guy
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 669

        Only if you manufacture it your self. I just purchased this model in 7mm Rem. Mag., haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Plan on putting a wood stock on it, then having it glass bedded.

        Comment

        • #5
          Fjold
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2005
          • 23062

          In the modern Savage rifles the 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, etc. are short actions and the three digit models, i.e. 111, 112, 114, 116, etc. are the long actions.

          Originally posted by Rdcpinoy
          The model I have is the 11/111 trophy hunter xp with Nikon scope I just curious if there is a way for this rifle to have a magazine that holds more then 4 rounds.
          Check with Sharp Shooter Supply (sharpshootersupply.com), Fred makes aftermarket extended magazine kits for Savages.

          You can ask over at savageshooters.com, those guys know everything about Savages and are the best source for aftermarket products also.
          Last edited by Fjold; 12-28-2013, 9:10 AM.
          Frank

          One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




          Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

          Comment

          • #6
            raven290
            Member
            • Jul 2013
            • 361

            Thanks

            Originally posted by Fjold
            In the modern Savage rifles the 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, etc. are short actions and the three digit models, i.e. 111, 112, 114, 116, etc. are the long actions.



            Check with Sharp Shooter Supply (sharpshootersupply.com), Fred makes aftermarket extended magazine kits for Savages.

            You can ask over at savageshooters.com, those guys know everything about Savages and are the best source for aftermarket products also.

            Comment

            • #7
              Rdcpinoy
              Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 306

              Thanks for the info everyone

              Comment

              • #8
                ThemBastards
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 1741

                Originally posted by Rdcpinoy
                Hi everyone I just picked up my first bolt action rifle a savage model 11 thxp in 308 and was wondering if it will accept the extended mags for a savage model 10 in 308
                I am also curious about this with the Savage 10 predator hunter. Savage customer service was no help.
                "These surplus guns are cool not because they go Pew, but because where and when they have Pew'd"

                http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
                http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
                http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1