Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Winchester model 70 xtr

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EX82nd
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 2

    Winchester model 70 xtr

    Hello all,

    I have a winchester 70 xtr early 80's model that I am looking to upgrade. I'm interested in putting the houge full bed stock on it. Has anybody done this or know what else I will have to do to make the swap? It looks like I will have to get a trigger assembly with a trap door? Excuse my ignorance I don't know much about bolt rifles. It is chambered in 30-06.
  • #2
    Model94Guy
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 669

    When i was researching my savage i noticed several companies offered stocks that are tailored to certain rifles or they will make the adjustments for you. Just google stocks for a Winchester Model 70 and everyone i called was more than happy to spend some time talking. You may want to check out my post on glass bedding and free floating, i received some great info and a lot of tips, good luck and that early 80's Model 70 is a very under appreciated rifle.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1