Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Does any place in SoCal normally stock Howa?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Mad Mule
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 616

    Does any place in SoCal normally stock Howa?

    I want to check the Howa 1500 out, but I've never heard or seen of any store carrying them. And Savages are hard enough to find!

    Thanks
    And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.
  • #2
    rambutan316
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 705

    I would try online shops. I know Buds has them and I think GalleryofGuns has them too.

    Comment

    • #3
      ChrisBrooklyn
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 1308

      Turners

      Comment

      • #4
        The Mad Mule
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 616

        Originally posted by rambutan316
        I would try online shops. I know Buds has them and I think GalleryofGuns has them too.
        Well the problem is that I want to hold one and get a feel for it, as opposed to buying blind and hoping I like everything about it.
        And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.

        Comment

        • #5
          Subotai
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2010
          • 11289

          Try Turners.
          RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
          Free Vespuchia!

          Comment

          • #6
            toby
            Banned
            • Jan 2010
            • 10576

            Or get a Vanguard.

            Comment

            • #7
              The Mad Mule
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 616

              Originally posted by ChrisBrooklyn
              Turners
              Originally posted by frankm
              Try Turners.
              I called them, and they said it would be a special order. Would prefer not to buy blind.
              And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.

              Comment

              • #8
                toby
                Banned
                • Jan 2010
                • 10576

                Originally posted by The Mad Mule
                I called them, and they said it would be a special order. Would prefer not to buy blind.
                That's strange because I believe the owner of Legacy arms, ie Howa is also co-owner of turners.

                Gun genie is a great place to buy from I've done many and never a problem or a bad gun.

                Bass Pro always has them in stock.
                Last edited by toby; 11-22-2013, 1:24 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  baih777
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 5680

                  They have been hard to find all year. Turners gets them in once in awhile. Weatherby is basically the same. Fowlers or stockade had had weatherby once in awhile. Gun broker is your best bet.
                  Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
                  I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
                  I'm Back.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Subotai
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 11289

                    Originally posted by The Mad Mule
                    I called them, and they said it would be a special order. Would prefer not to buy blind.
                    Dang. Check our classifieds, there are a couple of Howa's there. For the record, mine feels just as good in my hands as my Savages.
                    RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
                    Free Vespuchia!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      The Mad Mule
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 616

                      Originally posted by frankm
                      Dang. Check our classifieds, there are a couple of Howa's there. For the record, mine feels just as good in my hands as my Savages.
                      I called another Turners, and they did have one w/ everything I wanted, except it's in .223. So many ordering one in .308 won't be a hassle! I'll also keep an eye out in the Classifieds, thanks.
                      And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Subotai
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jun 2010
                        • 11289

                        Go take a look at it, then you can know what they feel like.
                        RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
                        Free Vespuchia!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jpx0123
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 1047

                          Originally posted by The Mad Mule
                          I want to check the Howa 1500 out, but I've never heard or seen of any store carrying them. And Savages are hard enough to find!

                          Thanks
                          turners in norwalk had one a week or so ago. heavy barrel, i think 20" in a .308

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jpx0123
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 1047

                            Originally posted by The Mad Mule
                            Well the problem is that I want to hold one and get a feel for it, as opposed to buying blind and hoping I like everything about it.
                            i have a howa in a 308.. i have to tell you the bolt is smooth as glass. very well built.. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though. have a rem 700 and i think the howa bolt is smoother, but it has a smoother finish compared to the rem 700. so that could also be why. but both are well made..
                            Last edited by jpx0123; 11-22-2013, 6:15 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              KING_PALM
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 3590

                              Love the responses. I want to hold one. .... Try gun broker. Since when can you hold a gun online?
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1