ASSUMING the shooter is doing his/her part 7 inch groups means something is mechanically wrong with the rifle or bullet problems.It is hard to load rounds that bad on purpose so I would check the gun from top to bottom by removing each piece and re-installing it.
If your just pulling on stuff and it seems tight and not actually taking it off and re-installing it your wasting your time.
How are you shooting it at the range? off a rest, bags or bi-pod?
Is the barrel laying on a front bag or rest?
7 inch groups usually come down to scopes, rings and bases falling off or in need of attention.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Savage 11 issues
Collapse
X
-
Tried winchester bst, fusion, hornady, and corlokt. Ha if I could get 1.5 inch groups id be happy about that even right now. I have like 7 inch spread, sometimes more.Leave a comment:
-
Ammo??? What ammo are you using? It makes a big big difference. My Savage 12FV will shoot .3 inch groups (100 yards) with the right ammo, BUT with the wrong ammo I've only gotten 1.2+ inch group. All groups 5 shot min,Leave a comment:
-
Savage 11 issues
Bought a new Savage 11 Hunter XP in 308 a few weeks back. First trip to range and couldnt get it to group well. I read all this stuff about how Savage will shoot sub moa right out of box. Big part of reason why I went with it. Well tightened bases and rings, shot several brands and weight bullets. still everywhere. Went and bought a Leupold VX-II and leupold bases and rings. Went back out this morning, same issue. Couldnt get groups tight. Best were like 7 or so inches. Let barrel cool between shots. pretty disappointed in this rifle so far. And getting expensive with all this ammo and still cant zero it.Tags: None
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,281
Posts: 25,146,411
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 42296 users online. 151 members and 42145 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: