The 1917 and P14 action has been used for years for heavy magnum conversions. The P14 bolt, set up for the rimmed .303, didn't even need to be modified for the belted magnum rounds, if I recall correctly. As others have said, it is one of the strongest military actions ever made. There have been cracking issues if it has been rebarreled. If so, check for cracks. If not, shoot any factory .30-06 load in it. A bubba sporterized 1917 was my first centerfire rifle, a gift from my Uncle Bill when I was 14. I learned to reload for it.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
30-06 question
Collapse
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,663
Posts: 25,150,290
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 21860 users online. 139 members and 21721 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment