Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Weatherby Backcountry 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dirtlaw
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2018
    • 3480

    Weatherby Backcountry 2.0

    Anyone have experience with this rifle? Comments please. What caliber have you used?
  • #2
    rplaw
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 1808

    I have a Weatherby Vanguard II in 30:06.

    Amazingly smooth action for what it is. Repeatable accuracy with a scope even after multiple quick shots. The sub-1MOA claim isn't just marketing.

    Mine is a synthetic stock which weighs less than wood and I imagine the carbon stock is even lighter. Which translates to even more recoil - which is why I suppose the Backcountry has the muzzle ports. Seriously, I have been kicked by a mule less hard than my Vanguard recoils. Not joking, her name is Buttercup and she's shod only in front because she kicks. My Vanguard kicks harder (as if it's some kind of contest or something ).

    My Vanguard doesn't have the fluted bolt or barrel. Unnecessary IMO because the bolt looks like it'll just grab crap and foul then jam. Maybe that's ok on the firing line at the range because you can fiddle with it or take it home, but in the field I wouldn't want it. YMMV.

    In the end, Weatherby makes some very fine rifles. Maybe not as nice as others, but put a good scope on it and it'll do the job if you do your part.
    Some random thoughts:

    Somebody's gotta be the mole so it might as well be me. Seems to be working so far.

    Evil doesn't only come in black.

    Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

    My Utubery

    Comment

    • #3
      Jack Frost
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2022
      • 1

      New here! I purchased my Backcountry 2.0 carbon right before Christmas.It's chambered in 300 Weatherby. I have only one range session with it so far but i love the rifle...very smooth shooter!

      Comment

      • #4
        ACfixer
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2012
        • 6080

        Originally posted by Dirtlaw
        Anyone have experience with this rifle? Comments please. What caliber have you used?
        Would love a Backcountry in 6.5-300, that is one smoking caliber.
        Buy made in USA whenever possible.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1