That is what it says.
.243 R.S. Magnum No. 3
That is the caliber.
It also says right on the barrel that it was designed by Ramon Somavia and custom made by Larry R Thompson, both of whom are dead.
It was custom made for a brother in law who gave it to me years ago, and we don't know what to feed it.
Mr. Somavia was known for unusual rounds and was the creator of the .257 Condor in the 1940s. He was well known in the Hollister, CA area.
I think it was designed to be a deer rifle and I think it has a .243 caliber barrel, but I think it is paired with a custom larger chamber that uses some other casing that has been necked down.
I had one gun guy look at it and he said "do not try and shoot .243 ammo through that gun."
How do we find out what ammo and how to, I guess, make it?
I am in Northern California but would consider shipping it anywhere for the right expertise.
.243 R.S. Magnum No. 3
That is the caliber.
It also says right on the barrel that it was designed by Ramon Somavia and custom made by Larry R Thompson, both of whom are dead.
It was custom made for a brother in law who gave it to me years ago, and we don't know what to feed it.
Mr. Somavia was known for unusual rounds and was the creator of the .257 Condor in the 1940s. He was well known in the Hollister, CA area.
I think it was designed to be a deer rifle and I think it has a .243 caliber barrel, but I think it is paired with a custom larger chamber that uses some other casing that has been necked down.
I had one gun guy look at it and he said "do not try and shoot .243 ammo through that gun."
How do we find out what ammo and how to, I guess, make it?
I am in Northern California but would consider shipping it anywhere for the right expertise.

Comment