Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend Me a Lever Gen.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    splithoof
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2015
    • 6028

    Originally posted by sonofeugene
    All this talk has really heightened my craving for a lever gun. Or two. Or more. But unfortunately, for me, it will have to wait until I'm through my present situation (wife has Alzheimer's) and both guns and ammo become more plentiful and less than expensive.

    But thanks so much to all who responded to this thread!
    Prayers for your wife, your sanity, and your endurance in a very difficult battle.
    Watching a family member deteriorate to such an awful disease can only be described as a unique type of hell. I empathize with your situation.

    Comment

    • #92
      echo1
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 3932

      Originally posted by golfish
      That's a darn good collection you have there. You know you have to post up some pictures
      Got to love that 41 mag. I was lucky enough to shoot Apples 41 mag. It's the perfect mag cartridge..
      Thanks, I feel fortunate. When I get the Henry scoped and the big loop put on, I'll get a family shot. I've got a Vortex 1-4X24. Should be the bee's knees for that rig. It'll be super boss. PAX
      You need a crew

      "A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

      Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

      Comment

      • #93
        k1dude
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2009
        • 15898

        Originally posted by golfish
        That's a darn good collection you have there. You know you have to post up some pictures
        Got to love that 41 mag. I was lucky enough to shoot Apples 41 mag. It's the perfect mag cartridge..
        I wish Henry would include .41 mag in their line of Big Boy Side Gate levers.
        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

        Comment

        • #94
          sonofeugene
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 4679

          Originally posted by splithoof
          Prayers for your wife, your sanity, and your endurance in a very difficult battle.
          Watching a family member deteriorate to such an awful disease can only be described as a unique type of hell. I empathize with your situation.
          Thanks so much. So far, I'm hanging in there. Though I'm sure it will get rougher before it's all over.
          Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

          A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

          Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur

          Comment

          • #95
            Ceemack
            Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 148

            Originally posted by sonofeugene
            Geez, you guys are no help. Here's what you all listed so far:

            older Winchesters
            older Marlins
            new Miroku's
            Henry in .45-70
            Henry in .357
            Henry in .44
            Uberti 1873 competition rifle
            Apples
            Winchester 94
            Henry all weather .357
            Browning, box fed
            Marlin
            Browning 95 in 30-06
            Winchester 95 in 30-06
            Savage box in .308
            Savage box in .243
            Browning in .223
            Marlin in 357
            Marlin in 218 Bee
            Older Marlin
            New Winchesters
            Rossi
            Browning 95 in 30-06
            Winchester 95 in 30-06
            Henry golden boy in .22
            Henry X in 357
            Marlin 94 series
            Taylor/Umberti 73 in 357
            66 clones in 38 special
            Henry 45-70
            Browning BLR in .308
            Henry Long Ranger
            Savage 99
            Winchester 94 saddle ring
            Chiappa Mare's leg in .357
            Rossi's x 3
            Marlin in .357
            Henry Big Boy in 357/38
            Henry Big Boy in .45 Colt
            Browning BLR in .243
            Browning Mod 95 in .30-06
            Uberti '73 in .357
            Marlin '94 in .45 Colt
            Browning take down
            Ruben 96/44
            Rossi '92 in .357/38
            Browning B-92 in .357/38
            Savage
            Browning BLR in .223

            I think you covered them all so I'm back to square one. I guess I simply have to take the step and get one. I don't reload, at least not now, so that may be a factor.

            To answer elSquid's questions:

            Price is not an object and I might even spring for an engraved one.
            Since 100 yards is the longest range around here, that's it. I'd also shoot at 50 and also the 40 yard tin can range.
            I think I'd need a .22 to shoot at indoor ranges, at least those in the San Jose area.
            My eyesight is not bad for nearing 70, though I do have a bit of a floater that's bothering me in my right eye. I can see the front sight, though.
            Don't need a red dot or scope though who knows.

            So, again, thanks for all the suggestions. And I now have a bunch more guns to look at.

            Cheers!

            Comment

            • #96
              orangeusa
              • Jul 2009
              • 9055

              I have the Big Boy Classic in 44 Mag. I love it, some people whine about the tube, not me.

              I also have a JM Marlin in 44 Mag. I reccomment eitther, they are truly a blast to shoot.

              Good luck, you have a good problem.

              Comment

              • #97
                dave rich
                Banned
                • Jan 2021
                • 16

                I recommend uberti 1873 competition riffle,I gat so much love for it

                Comment

                • #98
                  k1dude
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2009
                  • 15898

                  I see Winchester just introduced their 1873 Competition:



                  I guess it's to compete with Uberti's 1873 Competition.

                  Winchester's version weighs 3/4 pound less, but costs $240 more (MSRP).
                  Last edited by k1dude; 01-18-2021, 11:09 AM.
                  "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                  "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                  Comment

                  • #99
                    200Apples
                    -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 7217

                    ^ ^ ^ I'll take it!
                    .
                    "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                    NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                    Comment

                    • RNE228
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 2458

                      Curious why you think that?

                      The BLR in 223 is a fun range rifle. In 243 or 308 it would do anything a Win or Marlin 94 could do on the range or in the field.

                      Same thing with Savage (18)99 with internal rotary mag or box mag.

                      Comment

                      • Horsewright
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2019
                        • 662

                        Originally posted by RNE228
                        Curious why you think that?

                        The BLR in 223 is a fun range rifle. In 243 or 308 it would do anything a Win or Marlin 94 could do on the range or in the field.

                        Same thing with Savage (18)99 with internal rotary mag or box mag.
                        Got to agree. My BLR (.243) is a fun range rifle. Range days are often family affairs on hits outfit and everybody loves shooting the BLR. I have also used it as a ranch rifle/truck gun and a saddle rifle. Oh it is an excellent hunting rifle too but its not in my safe just to hunt. It's too versatile just for that.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1