Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 336 30-30 only loading 5 rounds

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    stevebla
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2015
    • 754

    "If you need more than 10 rounds to hunt, and some argue they hunt with that many rounds, you shouldn't be hunting. If you can't get the deer in 3 shots, you shouldn't be hunting. You are an embarrassment."

    Joe Biden

    Comment

    • #17
      200Apples
      -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2011
      • 7217

      I guess Uncle Joe's never enjoyed the company of an excited bruin on his way back to deer camp?

      It's not about "need", it's about the natural right to self defense, and, besides, there are places where one can be limited by the area DFW to three rounds in the firearm.
      .
      "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

      NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

      Comment

      • #18
        axel4488
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 1586

        Took it apart. I had to use some force to move the forearm brace. it was nasty in there.
        Originally posted by ibanezfoo
        Fallout isn't just a game, its for training.

        Get your power armor as fast as possible.
        Originally posted by cabinetguy
        im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up

        Comment

        • #19
          200Apples
          -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2011
          • 7217

          What do you mean by "forearm brace"? The front barrel band? or the wood furniture itself.

          Either way, I'm glad you see what may have been causing the malfunction. Get in there and scrub it out with a round brush or bore solvent like Hoppes, dry it out, then run a lightly-oiled patch through there. You don't want a thick film of oil inside the mag tube, but you do want the metal blue-ing to have some fresh oil "nutrition".

          Reassemble and load it! Fwiw, I keep five in my mag tube when the gun is stashed for any extended period, then six in the tube if I'm blasting targets.
          .
          "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

          NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

          Comment

          • #20
            axel4488
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 1586

            The wood furniture. I didn't know what the proper term was.

            The mag tube is spotless, mirror like. The spring had a small bend in it. So I was thinking that was causing the 6th round to not slide in. The dirty part was outside of the tube that is covered by the wood. It looks like this thing has never been taken apart.

            Quick question. Is there somewhere that sells different furniture for this gun? I really wanted to stain the wood I had to a darker color but, it may come out weird.
            Originally posted by ibanezfoo
            Fallout isn't just a game, its for training.

            Get your power armor as fast as possible.
            Originally posted by cabinetguy
            im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up

            Comment

            • #21
              200Apples
              -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2011
              • 7217

              Yes, there are gunstock makers but I am only loosely familiar with a couple of them. Boyd's is the most familiar. I don't change my guns much in that regard.

              Check on the Marlin Owners forum. Good luck.
              .
              "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

              NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

              Comment

              • #22
                axel4488
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 1586

                Thanks Apples! I just ordered a new spring, just hopes it can get to me soon.
                Originally posted by ibanezfoo
                Fallout isn't just a game, its for training.

                Get your power armor as fast as possible.
                Originally posted by cabinetguy
                im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up

                Comment

                • #23
                  golfish
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 10124

                  With the mag tube out and the rear band off the forearm should just fall out. Did the mag tube come out easy?
                  It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                  Happiness is a warm gun.

                  MLC, First 3

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    axel4488
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 1586

                    Oh yeah it came apart real easy. I unscrewed the top cap off first and the end cap and spring shot across the room lol.
                    Originally posted by ibanezfoo
                    Fallout isn't just a game, its for training.

                    Get your power armor as fast as possible.
                    Originally posted by cabinetguy
                    im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      golfish
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 10124

                      Originally posted by axel4488
                      Oh yeah it came apart real easy. I unscrewed the top cap off first and the end cap and spring shot across the room lol.
                      My bad, I thought you had problem with the forearm. Brace = rear band.

                      If you want a good finish, try some Tru Oil. It will darken your wood a little too.
                      It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                      Happiness is a warm gun.

                      MLC, First 3

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        MongooseV8
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 4426

                        Good luck getting some TruOil into Cali right now. Cant ship it into the state since it has some kind of banned chemical in it. My last bottle came from Scheels...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1