I'm toying around with an idea of getting a single shot pistol frame, like a TC Encore, and putting a rifle stock on it and a low-power optic for a lightweight & compact deer rifle for when I'm hunting 3+ miles from the truck. This would be a rifle designed to be primarily carried all day and shot only occasionally at relatively short distances, say a max of 200 yards and <100 yards being more likely. .308 would be my caliber of choice but .243 would be a second choice.
Any idea if TC pistols can accommodate their rifle stocks? Any other manufacturers out there offer something similar?
If anybody has actually done something like this, I'm also curious how it weighs in -- whether it saves anything over just getting a compact budget rifle with a sporter barrel & chopping the barrel to 16.5" or so.
Any idea if TC pistols can accommodate their rifle stocks? Any other manufacturers out there offer something similar?
If anybody has actually done something like this, I'm also curious how it weighs in -- whether it saves anything over just getting a compact budget rifle with a sporter barrel & chopping the barrel to 16.5" or so.


Comment