Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Uintah prec
Collapse
X
-
Uintah prec
Tags: None -
-
They cost more than an RPR and have slower lock time.
Not sure what the advantage is.
If they came up with a striker system in the bolt and a special trigger that actuated it instead of using a slow AR type hammer, then they would have something.Last edited by ar15barrels; 12-07-2019, 3:54 PM.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
-
Check the youtube channel West Desert Shooter. He has at least two of them, a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 6 Creedmoor. I think he might also have a .224 Valkyrie on an AR-15 platform.I went ahead and said hell with it I want one. It was a hard pill to swallow but I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and it came with a free trigger. Took it out yesterday and got it out to 560yds and can say I am very happy with it. Being AR based I was thinking it was gonna be really heavy but it’s actually not. I haven’t weighed it yet but after I get the actual scope and stock I want on it I will. I bought the UPR-10 in .308 with the 24” barrel. Does anyone else have one? How do you like it if you do?
The obvious choice of stock is the Magpul PRS, but those are kinda heavy. A lighter one is made by LMT, and it's about the same price, believe it or not.Comment
-
Check the youtube channel West Desert Shooter. He has at least two of them, a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 6 Creedmoor. I think he might also have a .224 Valkyrie on an AR-15 platform.
The obvious choice of stock is the Magpul PRS, but those are kinda heavy. A lighter one is made by LMT, and it's about the same price, believe it or not.Comment
-
-
Does anyone else have either the 10 or 15?Comment
-
RPR accepts AR-15 handguards, pistol grips, stocks and safety selectors.
It also use either AICS mags OR SR-25 (LR308) mags.
Not sure what else you wanted to change around.
It's as close as you can get to an AR in a real bolt action which means you get a better trigger and faster lock time as well as better primary extraction (easier bolt operation).
They run around $1000 for a complete gun with a 20moa scope base already on the receiver.
Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
-
RPR's don't come with hand lapped Shilens though.Comment
-
RPR accepts AR-15 handguards, pistol grips, stocks and safety selectors.
It also use either AICS mags OR SR-25 (LR308) mags.
Not sure what else you wanted to change around.
It's as close as you can get to an AR in a real bolt action which means you get a better trigger and faster lock time as well as better primary extraction (easier bolt operation).
They run around $1000 for a complete gun with a 20moa scope base already on the receiver.
https://grabagun.com/ruger-72.htmlComment
-
-
How is the barrel mounted ?
Is mounted like a AR ?
Or did they mount it like a bolt action ?Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
I'm Back.Comment
-
-
It's an AR barrel as evidenced by the 8 lug bolt which is going to use an AR extension.
It won't have good primary extraction like a standard bolt action design with proper cams and clearances.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,577
Posts: 25,149,412
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 37430 users online. 33 members and 37397 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment