Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Savage 110/112 reviews?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Maht_g
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 1748

    Savage 110/112 reviews?

    sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"
  • #2
    Fjold
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 23069

    You won't find a more accurate gun for the price, actually you probably won't find a more accurate gun for twice the price.

    I'm not just a Savage fan boy as I have more guns of different makes than Savages but I can argue that they are probably the most accurate major maker production guns on the market. I think that you can make other guns more accurate, you just have to throw more money at them.
    Frank

    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

    Comment

    • #3
      Maht_g
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 1748

      That’s right in line with everything I’ve been reading and watching on YouTube. People seem to like them. I just like to ask lots of questions if possible of people more knowledgeable than I am. Long range (>400 yds) is definitely new to me! I value any and all advice!
      sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

      Comment

      • #4
        pennstater
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 4676

        I'd listen to what Fjold mentioned. Sound.

        Comment

        • #5
          kevins750
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 1376

          Repeater or single shot?

          Savage has a model 12 magnum target Single shot.
          "To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson
          NRA+CRPA member

          "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol" -------Deputy Samuel Gerard

          Comment

          • #6
            Maht_g
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2014
            • 1748

            Both bolt guns, 110 has the box magazine, 112 is single shot.
            sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

            Comment

            • #7
              kevins750
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 1376

              I have to say I REALLY like my savages. I don't have any custom actioned rifles to compare them to. The bolt might not be as smooth as my M70 or new Howa and they might not be as sexy as my R700's but they flat out shoot.
              "To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson
              NRA+CRPA member

              "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol" -------Deputy Samuel Gerard

              Comment

              • #8
                MongooseV8
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 4426

                Id get the 112 Mag Target single shot if going 338 Lapua. The extra strength would make me feel better.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Maht_g
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2014
                  • 1748

                  sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Maht_g
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 1748

                    Just found one of these NIB ppt locally, thoughts compared to the savages?

                    sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MongooseV8
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 4426

                      Bolt design is very similar. Id get the Savage but the Ruger Precision has a very good reputation in the smaller chambers.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Darto
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 6733

                        Savage has a little coupon for some free gear with purchase of a gun.

                        the shirt is pick your size small to 3X plus you get a range bag.



                        Savage Arms has been building firearms since 1894. Our rifles, shotguns and handguns are accurate, dependable and loaded with innovations for high performance.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Maht_g
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2014
                          • 1748

                          Good to know, thanks! I made it to the lgs this morning, held it in my arms... felt good, looks like fun, a bit more digging on reviews then probably go back and make a purchase next week. Anyone with more insight on the gun or the cartridge please feel free to chime in, I welcome any and all input!
                          sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ShaunBrady
                            Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 420

                            Originally posted by Maht_g
                            Just found one of these NIB ppt locally, thoughts compared to the savages?

                            https://www.gunstores.net/items/Item...z=NulvGGChdtQ=
                            If you can swing the price difference, I think you'll be much happier with the RPR magnum. It's more expensive, but I think it's a much better deal. In addition to a modern action design, you get a usable adjustable stock, a 30 moa rail, and 2 Accurate Magazine AICS pattern magazines that are ~$180 for the pair.

                            I have 3 ELR rigs that are based on Savage donor rifles and have built 2 more for friends, so I'm not a Savage hater. Those rifles all have action work and XLR chassis.

                            I bought the RPR338 when they were introduced last fall and there simply isn't any comparison. I can't tell you how it shoots because I rebarreled it with a longer 300 Norma barrel before trying the factory barrel. I replaced the trigger, but it wasn't awful, and didn't have to rework the action. I expect that we'll start seeing barrel kits for it by the end of the year.

                            Recoil is an issue with the 338 Lapua, and the RPR adjustable stock is going to make it a lot easier to manage. The RPR338 is massive, which also helps with the recoil. The action, bolt, and barrel tenon are all larger than many custom 338 actions.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              THE ANTIDOTE
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2018
                              • 279

                              Once you get it, you'll probably want to start reloading for it. Not a whole lot of 338 ammo in Stanislaus. Think you'll have fun.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1