Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Getting back into long range shooting.
Collapse
X
-
Pls post pics when your rifle is complete
I would check out 6.5 PRC too. It's new and a bit more difficult to come by for ammo. And looks like there's only Hornady brass available. I'm hoping to get a 6.5 PRC sometime next year. -
And how is he going to squeeze the big fat case head into his 308/6.5CM/260 bolt-face?D.I.Y. a Target Cam for ELR
NOTE: images not all working correctly due to limitations on the site
D.I.Y. Barricade simulator using RRS tripod.Comment
-
Sure will DD!
Lol no exotic new cartridges for me. Not that experienced to experiment with them. Staying with the tested and plenty of reloading info calibersComment
-
If you are doing strictly LR shooting, I would do something like a 284.
Use a bolt gun sled and single feed http://originalbobsled.com/BoltGunSleds.aspx
If you want to stick with 6.5, and you only have a 308 bolt, then go with 6.5x284 and single feed.
If you want to mag feed, then maybe 260AI, 6.5 creedmoor, or 6.5 SLR. You might even be able to do 6.5 swede, but the case head is a bit different and sometimes does not work in some bolt faces.Comment
-
If you are doing strictly LR shooting, I would do something like a 284.
Use a bolt gun sled and single feed http://originalbobsled.com/BoltGunSleds.aspx
If you want to stick with 6.5, and you only have a 308 bolt, then go with 6.5x284 and single feed.
If you want to mag feed, then maybe 260AI, 6.5 creedmoor, or 6.5 SLR. You might even be able to do 6.5 swede, but the case head is a bit different and sometimes does not work in some bolt faces.Comment
-
Forgot to mention the 6.5PRC uses a magnum bolt. Since it's a new build, somewhat an option...would need a new bolt though.
Or possibly get it resized to accept magnum? Not sure on this.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,401
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 13367 users online. 50 members and 13317 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment