Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 1895CB first impression

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RNE228
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 2458

    Marlin 1895CB first impression

    My son got barely used Marlin 1895CB(JM stamped) a few years back; then I got it. I had not had opportunity to shoot it till yesterday.

    I was pleased with the way it handled and shot. Far less recoil than I had expected. Shot off hand/standing at 50 yards; held a 4" group. I was happy with that given first time shooting it, open sights - buckhorns with bifocals...

    It would not however, extract the cases... They slid out easily when I got a small screwdriver on the rim. I tried feeding single, and feeding with multiple rounds in the magazine. Puzzling, since the rifle had been cleaned etc.

    It had a cheap scope on it when my son got it; he took that off. I need to find 4 screws to fill the holes. For now, I like the stock sights.

    Besides the extraction issue, it was very smooth operating and shooting. I got my wife a used 1894C JM marked 357 a few years ago; both rifles have nice fit/finish and are fun to shoot.

    Next time, I'll take the 1895 and one of my Savage 99's and shoot them side by side
  • #2
    javithewrench
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 1382

    We need pictures of that 1895 and the octagon barrel!!!
    I have one too but need to replace my front sight. Love me some 45/70, I currently own 9 of them.

    Comment

    • #3
      Rorge Retson
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 2712

      Comment

      • #4
        Target Plinker
        Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 307

        Just recently picked up a 1895SBL in 45-70. haven't got a chance to play with it but itching to.

        Comment

        • #5
          RiskyBusiness
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2017
          • 2150

          Originally posted by Target Plinker
          Just recently picked up a 1895SBL in 45-70. haven't got a chance to play with it but itching to.
          dude what are you waiting for? get out there its so much fun!
          https://imgur.com/a/yO4kS

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1