Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help: Disassembly of Winchester Model 64

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • desrt2
    Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 319

    Help: Disassembly of Winchester Model 64

    I am cleaning up my mother-in-law's Winchester Model 64 (30-30).
    Lever actions are not my expertise... my skill is in breaking things.
    Anyway, I find tons of reference and videos of disassembly for Winchester 94's but zero on '64's.
    I would not have started to take it down to the nuts and bolts but it's like it was stored in bacon grease and molasses for 40 years.
    I have not stripped, bent, broken or forced anything. Nothing has gone flying off into the garage.
    I could always take it to the club gunsmith but I like to learn stuff.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.
    sigpic

    "Let them hate so long as they fear."
  • #2
    DVSmith
    Cantankerous old coot
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2007
    • 3702

    As I recall they are mechanically similar. You should be able to follow the 94 instructions.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1