Folks,
Well was able to take my Christensen Arms Mesa in 6.5 Creedmoor to Angeles today. Used exclusively 127gr Barnes LRX, as is exclusively a hunting gun. COAL 2.720, new Hornady Brass, #34 Primer, 40.2gr RL17.
The rifle was carefully broken in, 1 shot clean, 1 shot clean, for a string of 5 shots. Then 2 shots clean, for 5 repetitions. As the break in process was going on I chronied my loads average of 2725fps. This load carries about 950-1000ft/lbs out to the 500 yard mark.
I did a cleaning, fired a fouling shot, shot a 3 shot group at 100 yards that measured .62 inches center to center. Holy ****!!!. The rifle is incredible, the trigger breaks at 2.5 pounds. The fit and finish on the rifle is awesome.
The rifle is equipped with a Leupold 4.5x14x40 VX3 30mm tube Varmint hunter reticle scope. The hash marks are perfect for a 200 yard zero, and out to 600 yards. It was fun watching the small steel swing at 500 and 600 yards.
Even after 10 to 15 shots, and the barrel hot as a waffle iron it didn't lose much accuracy. I was truly impressed with this little rifle, it is light weight, very well built. It is by far the most expensive rifle I have ever purchased as a purely hunting rifle. I have always wanted a Dakota Arms, McWhorter, or GunWerks but just don't have the scratch. But my dreams have been realized by this little gem.
Pics to follow, A2
Well was able to take my Christensen Arms Mesa in 6.5 Creedmoor to Angeles today. Used exclusively 127gr Barnes LRX, as is exclusively a hunting gun. COAL 2.720, new Hornady Brass, #34 Primer, 40.2gr RL17.
The rifle was carefully broken in, 1 shot clean, 1 shot clean, for a string of 5 shots. Then 2 shots clean, for 5 repetitions. As the break in process was going on I chronied my loads average of 2725fps. This load carries about 950-1000ft/lbs out to the 500 yard mark.
I did a cleaning, fired a fouling shot, shot a 3 shot group at 100 yards that measured .62 inches center to center. Holy ****!!!. The rifle is incredible, the trigger breaks at 2.5 pounds. The fit and finish on the rifle is awesome.
The rifle is equipped with a Leupold 4.5x14x40 VX3 30mm tube Varmint hunter reticle scope. The hash marks are perfect for a 200 yard zero, and out to 600 yards. It was fun watching the small steel swing at 500 and 600 yards.
Even after 10 to 15 shots, and the barrel hot as a waffle iron it didn't lose much accuracy. I was truly impressed with this little rifle, it is light weight, very well built. It is by far the most expensive rifle I have ever purchased as a purely hunting rifle. I have always wanted a Dakota Arms, McWhorter, or GunWerks but just don't have the scratch. But my dreams have been realized by this little gem.
Pics to follow, A2

Comment