I just picked up a new Savage 11 in 6.5 Creedmoor. The manual is not very clear: do I have to remove the action from the stock in order to adjust the trigger?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Adjust Savage Accu-trigger
Collapse
X
-
I believe you do...if that rifle is new, you may want to put some rounds through it first. My trigger feels different to me after shooting it a bit."To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson
NRA+CRPA member
"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol" -------Deputy Samuel Gerard -
-
That little plastic tool spins a barrel spring. Flip the barreled action upside down insert the tool and make a small adjustment. There is nothing holding the spring in place. No loctite.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
Just dont go too low or you will have trouble setting the sear. All of mine have been fine out of the box.Comment
-
Is your gun for hunting? If so I would think the factory setting would more than be sufficient."To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson
NRA+CRPA member
"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol" -------Deputy Samuel GerardComment
-
^^^good point^^^Comment
-
-
If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous!
If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?Comment
-
I would recommend that you shoot it for a while before you adjust the accu-trigger. I will agree that it is definitely not a Timney. In fact I find that it is it's own rather unique animal and for me it took some use and getting used to and comfortable with.
I now like my accu-trigger Savage and it is exactly as it came out of the box over ten years ago."As soon as we burn 'em," Chinn said, "more come in."
Ignatius Chinn, a FORMER veteran firearms agent.
CONTRA COSTA TIMES 03/04/2008
"please guys please no ridiculous offers....Im a girl, not an idiot" Mistisa242Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,578
Posts: 25,149,427
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 25628 users online. 54 members and 25574 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment