RE barrel life- I've heard this about 243s, but it has not been my experience. Plain old Xbolt in 243. $700 (Big C gun room sale). 1800+ rounds, MVs of 2900 - 3200. SGKs, Interloks, TSX. No barrel life problem so far. .25 MOA still common. 1" @ 300 in the mountains & breeze.
I love this gun and this round, but can't shoot the 115s because of standard twist. Bummer, or I'd be going to 1K with it. Not competitive, just a frequent range visitor.
So with all this money flying around ($2k ARs abundant, $1K scopes non uncommon at casual gun ranges), is there really any care about replacing a barrel for $300 - $600??
I love this gun and this round, but can't shoot the 115s because of standard twist. Bummer, or I'd be going to 1K with it. Not competitive, just a frequent range visitor.
So with all this money flying around ($2k ARs abundant, $1K scopes non uncommon at casual gun ranges), is there really any care about replacing a barrel for $300 - $600??




Comment