Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

URSA NorCal Match This Sunday

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LynnJr
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2013
    • 7958

    URSA NorCal Match This Sunday

    Shooters
    We will be holding a 2000 yard+ match on Father's Day this Sunday.
    The match will be held at the same location but we will start shooting at 7 AM for practice and qualifying and will try and go hot on record target by 7:45 AM.
    That means just drive up the mountain and if you need directions e-mail me before Sunday.
    We will not be meeting at the Chevron for this match.
    We are trying to get this one underway early so those that need to can get home early for the holiday.
    Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
    Southwest Regional Director
    Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
    www.unlimitedrange.org
    Not a commercial business.
    URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!
  • #2
    killemall419
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 337

    Lynn,
    What is your email? I'd like some directions to this event. Not sure if I can make it, but if I can last minute, directions would be appreciated.

    Comment

    • #3
      LynnJr
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2013
      • 7958

      I will pm you the directions.
      Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
      Southwest Regional Director
      Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
      www.unlimitedrange.org
      Not a commercial business.
      URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

      Comment

      • #4
        Spyder
        CGN Contributor
        • Mar 2008
        • 17273

        Pm me too. I've got this one on the schedule.

        Comment

        • #5
          killemall419
          Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 337

          Lynn,
          That would be awesome, thank you. This would be amazing just to watch, let alone try to shoot.

          Comment

          • #6
            Spyder
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2008
            • 17273

            Damnitt! I just picked up a shift that day, so won't be attending...again... You people and your M-F schedules...

            Comment

            • #7
              Switchbarrel
              Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 483

              Hey Lynn-

              Had anybody shooting a 28 Nosler @ any of your events?

              -Rick
              Unbiased AR15, Barnard (sold ), BAT, Borden, Browning, Kelbly, Marsh, Nesika Bay, Remington, Ruger, Savage, Ultralight Arms owner. I like 'em all.

              Comment

              • #8
                LynnJr
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2013
                • 7958

                Hey Champ your buddy George Tompkins has one iirc.
                He did some of the testing for the 6.5-300 Weatherby as well.
                If you need his number let me know.
                Nobody has brought one to a match so far but the Poster who goes by Skkeeter sent my 7 RUM home today with WhiteMamba.
                I think the water capacity is the same as a 7-300 Weatherby at around 109 grains so George can give you the velocity numbers.

                Spyder
                I already pm'ed you where we shoot. If you get to the crossroad where the motorcycles cross deer valley your about 1/2 mile past where we shoot but you are where we shoot 2500 yards.
                Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
                Southwest Regional Director
                Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
                www.unlimitedrange.org
                Not a commercial business.
                URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

                Comment

                • #9
                  ShaunBrady
                  Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 420

                  We're going to have to start a 7mm conspiracy next. I test fired the 7/338 earlier this week. It's at 108 grains H2O capacity.

                  Not going to make this event.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    LynnJr
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 7958

                    The case capacity of the 28 Nosler is right at 94 grains so it is less than a 7-300 Weatherby Improved.
                    Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
                    Southwest Regional Director
                    Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
                    www.unlimitedrange.org
                    Not a commercial business.
                    URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BillyGoatMachine
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2886

                      Unfortunately I won't be attending. Mamba is keeping buried in work, Cerakote booth to set up, New lathe installation, New heating and cooling system, and sub panel to put in at the shop. When am I supposed to have time to reload?? Have fun guys.
                      Billy Goat Machine
                      07 FFL/SOT Rifle Builder
                      www.billygoatmachine.com
                      .

                      https://www.instagram.com/billygoatmachine/?hl=en
                      .
                      .
                      Bring a truck, preferably 4WD, firearms, lots of ammo... and curl the brim of your baseball cap!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        URSA Facilitator
                        Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • 309

                        Originally posted by ShaunBrady
                        We're going to have to start a 7mm conspiracy next. I test fired the 7/338 earlier this week. It's at 108 grains H2O capacity.

                        Not going to make this event.
                        7mm and 30 cal conspiracies... Recall that URSA starts at 2000. When we get some competitions going at 2500 and 3000 what are the winners going to be shooting?
                        Facilitator, Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
                        NRA Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                        www.unlimitedrange.org
                        Not a commercial business.
                        URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          LynnJr
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 7958

                          Originally posted by URSA Facilitator
                          7mm and 30 cal conspiracies... Recall that URSA starts at 2000. When we get some competitions going at 2500 and 3000 what are the winners going to be shooting?
                          SnipeTacs
                          Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
                          Southwest Regional Director
                          Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
                          www.unlimitedrange.org
                          Not a commercial business.
                          URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ShaunBrady
                            Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • 420

                            Originally posted by URSA Facilitator
                            7mm and 30 cal conspiracies... Recall that URSA starts at 2000. When we get some competitions going at 2500 and 3000 what are the winners going to be shooting?
                            Not sure, for now I'm interested in how far I can take a standard hunting action. I tested a fast twist 300wm with the 198 Flat Lines a couple matches ago and it had less drop than the 50 that was there shooting 800 grain solids at 2900 fps. More wind, but the hit percentage estimated by the WEZ worked out to be about the same.

                            The 7/338 will be more of that approach, but far more likely to transition and cheaper to run. I'm watching the 338 Lapua/Lapua Improved guys with the Flat Line 255s with great interest as well. A year into this, we've achieved parity several different ways with the 50bmg using readily sourced parts. For this particular game anyway. These matches usually aren't won by the best ballistics.

                            One of the bits of Lynn wisdom that sticks in my mind is the first step to winning is showing up. The logistics for your ammo and gear matter if you want to shoot regularly. If you don't shoot regularly, this game is going to be very difficult to be competitive at. What's on order matters even less than what's at home in your safe and none of it counts for anything if you're not shooting that day.

                            I think that you're going to need the 7/30/338 guys to give you enough shooters with 4 hits at 2k to move a match to 2.5k. Given the size of your target, I don't see 2 shooters moving to 3K anytime soon.

                            I'm hoping this years KO2M will provide the answer to your question or at least some more insight.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Kingair001
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2015
                              • 2357

                              Have fun Sunday gents

                              And try to stay cool !
                              WTB : Bren Ten - WTB : Wildey 45 & 475 Magnum

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1