Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just scoped my 1894 .357 JM Marlin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nickel plate
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 2136

    Just scoped my 1894 .357 JM Marlin

    My eyesight is good for my age but help was needed to see down range with this newly acquired pristine rifle.
    Scope: Leupold VX-2 1X4-20
    Bases: Warne M866/864M
    Rings: Warne 200LM
    Last edited by nickel plate; 02-12-2017, 9:47 AM.
  • #2
    SDCutter
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2013
    • 188

    Marlin 1894 scope

    Originally posted by nickel plate
    My eyesight is good for my age but help was needed to see down range with this newly acquired pristine rifle.
    Scope: Leupold VX-2 1X4-20
    That's beautiful!

    I just put the same scope on a newly acquired, JM marked, Marlin 1894FG, .41 mag for the same reason -- old eyes. I had Leupold set the parallax at 75 yards. I used Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral Rings. I'll pick it up from Greg at Ambrose Armory either today or tomorrow. Hopefully it will look as good as yours, and hopefully they will both shoot great.

    Best of luck, that's a sweet looking Marlin.
    My other ride is a cutting horse.

    Comment

    • #3
      sofbak
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 2628

      ^^^Right behind you guys with old eyes syndrome. Got a set of redfield bases, Warne 200LG rings and a vintage Ted Williams 4x scope in matching blue sitting on my bench waiting to go on a Marlin 1894CB in .45 Colt. I should get busy and catch up!☺

      I don't have a hammer spur for it. Are you guys putting a spur on yours?
      Tire kickers gonna kick,
      Nose pickers gonna pick
      I and others know the real

      Comment

      • #4
        SDCutter
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2013
        • 188

        Originally posted by sofbak
        I don't have a hammer spur for it. Are you guys putting a spur on yours?
        Yup.
        My other ride is a cutting horse.

        Comment

        • #5
          nickel plate
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 2136

          Originally posted by sofbak
          I don't have a hammer spur for it. Are you guys putting a spur on yours?
          Just put it on yesterday. It's an Uncle Mike's pre 1982 model.
          Funny thing-it came with two set screws but the HS has only one threaded hole. No mention of using the second one as a doubled up locking feature or just keep it as a spare as I've read that they tend to back out/fall out/disappear if not seated properly. Any guesses?

          Comment

          • #6
            Cody805
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2015
            • 1229

            I have a curved hammer spur on my pre82 1984 44mag and I have never had a problem with it coming loose.

            Comment

            • #7
              otteray
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2006
              • 3246

              Just curious if your rear sight folds down, like my .1894 .41 mag does, for when I use a scope.
              BTW, I just installed a "Happy Trigger" from Wild West, for a really crisp, lighter trigger pull.
              sigpic
              Single fin mentality

              Comment

              • #8
                nickel plate
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 2136

                Originally posted by otteray
                Just curious if your rear sight folds down, like my .1894 .41 mag does, for when I use a scope.
                BTW, I just installed a "Happy Trigger" from Wild West, for a really crisp, lighter trigger pull.
                Yes, the rear sight does fold down but I see no need to do it as there is plenty of scope clearance (see photo below) so the iron sights are instantly ready to use as the scope rings are Warne QDs.
                Also see the recently added Leupold flip back lens covers.
                Last edited by nickel plate; 02-12-2017, 9:48 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  scarville
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 2325

                  Scopes are a good thing for us old farts. This one is a Marlin 1894C with a Leupold 1.5-4x28 IER.
                  Attached Files
                  Politicians and criminals are moral twins separated only by legal fiction.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    subrvin
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 1210

                    Same here, just picked up this JM Marlin 375S, first thing I needed was a scope for these old eyes. Fits like a glove as well.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1