Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Muzzle Brake threading

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mdozer15
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 2

    Muzzle Brake threading

    Need some advice. I want to buy the T3 Terminator muzzle brake for my Rem 700 LR 300 win mag. The T3 can be ordered in a few different thread sizes.
    My Rem barrel still has to be threaded. Any suggestions on which thread size I should go with?
    Thanks!
    Mdozer15
  • #2
    hj_S14
    Calgunner
    CGN Contributor
    • Jun 2013
    • 1288

    Comment

    • #3
      ar15barrels
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 57182

      The bigger the threads, the better, as long as your barrel will support it.
      I generally like to see the barrel be 1/8" larger than the threads.
      So, if your barrel is over 7/8" at the muzzle, go with 3/4x24.
      If your barrel is 3/4" tp 7/8" at the muzzle, go with 5/8x24.
      If your barrel is 5/8" to 3/4" at the muzzle, go with 9/16x24.
      If your barrel is under 5/8" at the muzzle, go with 1/2x28.
      Randall Rausch

      AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
      Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
      Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
      Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
      Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mdozer15
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2015
        • 2

        Awesome thanks for the advice!
        Mdozer15

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1