Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finally assembled .270 NEF rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smith and wesson
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 1877

    Finally assembled .270 NEF rifle

    I've had the receiver and barrel for over a year. Since H&r is shutting down I decided id better buy a wood stock while I still can. I've been wanting a bolt action with wood furniture for a while but I'm a huge fan of single shot rifles, I find I take my time more and in essence make every shot count. What do you guys think?

    Receiver was around 70 bucks, barrel I had from a previous purchase, stock was 60 bucks.

    Going to put a leopold scope on it soon.



  • #2
    PoorRichRichard
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 3309

    Beautiful
    1A - 2A = -1A
    Originally posted by Wherryj
    If I had a nickel for every gender that exists...
    ...I'd have $0.10.
    Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
    --- Dan Bongino
    Originally posted by EM2
    Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
    Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.

    Comment

    • #3
      TMB 1
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2012
      • 7153

      I like them! Have 22 Hornet, 223 & 45-70
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        smith and wesson
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2013
        • 1877

        Thanks rich.

        Originally posted by TMB 1
        I like them! Have 22 Hornet, 223 & 45-70
        Very nice! I'm tempted to send it in and get a barrel for 223 and 308.

        So you prefer the plastic stock or wood?

        Comment

        • #5
          Divernhunter
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 8753

          Like the rifle but not the cartridge. To each his own.
          I would put a Direct Replacement Limbsaver Recoil Pad on it. That is what I did to mine.
          I have the 45-70 Buff Classic and the curved steel buttplate was brutal on the shoulder. I got a wood buttstock off e-bay and put the limbsaver pad on it which helped. This way I could put it back to original if I decide to. It would also keep resale value better with the original.
          A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
          NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
          SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

          Comment

          • #6
            TMB 1
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2012
            • 7153

            Originally posted by smith and wesson
            Thanks rich.



            Very nice! I'm tempted to send it in and get a barrel for 223 and 308.

            So you prefer the plastic stock or wood?
            Mine have wood stocks.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              smith and wesson
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2013
              • 1877

              Originally posted by Divernhunter
              Like the rifle but not the cartridge. To each his own.
              I would put a Direct Replacement Limbsaver Recoil Pad on it. That is what I did to mine.
              I have the 45-70 Buff Classic and the curved steel buttplate was brutal on the shoulder. I got a wood buttstock off e-bay and put the limbsaver pad on it which helped. This way I could put it back to original if I decide to. It would also keep resale value better with the original.
              I'm fairly new to the caliber. Only familiar with 556 and 308. I just remember during the ammo drought only 270 was readily available. I guess that's why I got into .40 also.

              Comment

              • #8
                5.56Geo
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 1889

                Originally posted by smith and wesson
                I'm fairly new to the caliber. Only familiar with 556 and 308. I just remember during the ammo drought only 270 was readily available. I guess that's why I got into .40 also.
                Nice rifle, I have a 12 gauge NEF and like it.

                There is nothing wrong with the .270Win. It's been one of the top hunting calibers for a long time. It sit at the same table as the 30-06 and .308Win.
                Live free or die trying!

                Comment

                • #9
                  riftol
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 518

                  Originally posted by smith and wesson
                  I've had the receiver and barrel for over a year. Since H&r is shutting down I decided id better buy a wood stock while I still can. I've been wanting a bolt action with wood furniture for a while but I'm a huge fan of single shot rifles, I find I take my time more and in essence make every shot count. What do you guys think?

                  Receiver was around 70 bucks, barrel I had from a previous purchase, stock was 60 bucks.

                  Going to put a leopold scope on it soon.



                  Nice gun.

                  Nice and simple.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    smith and wesson
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 1877

                    Originally posted by 5.56Geo
                    Nice rifle, I have a 12 gauge NEF and like it.

                    There is nothing wrong with the .270Win. It's been one of the top hunting calibers for a long time. It sit at the same table as the 30-06 and .308Win.
                    That's good to know. I might invest in a 30-06 bolt action in the future anyways.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1