Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1951 Winchester Model 70

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Bainter1212
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2013
    • 5936

    If the stock needs cleaning, a mix of 50/50 BLO and turpentine will do the trick. Use a small amount on a soft rag and gently wipe clean. This will not strip off any old finish.

    Remember to let the rag dry out away from anything combustible. Until it dries out, there is a small risk of spontaneous combustion.

    Comment

    • #17
      SloChicken
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 4533

      My '57 30-06 Lightweight

      Just picked it up from Turner's (believe it or not), for all of $800.
      Put a weaver 20moa mount on it and a Vortex Viper HS I picked up from Cabela's a few months ago for the rock bottom price of $239.
      It is the v-plex (duplex) reticle - hope I can still hunt without dialing up my dope! LOL

      At any rate, this little guy will in all likelihood make my old Ruger No. 1 sit at home this fall ... It is a sad thing ... but a happy thing. Maybe I will carry 'em both. Just a couple of jems these two.

      The Model 70
      sigpic

      Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
      To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

      Comment

      • #18
        LRShooter
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 553

        I've got a bunch of precision rifles with scopes that I dial for distance. However my hunting rifle's scope never gets touched. Sighted in at 1 1/2" high at a 100 and it's good to go as far as I'm willing to take a shot.

        I'd leave it as is. Plenty of people will recognize the setup for what it is.

        270 may make it worth a little more.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1