Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Scout: yes or no?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Mayor McRifle
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2013
    • 7771

    Originally posted by 6mmintl
    No. buy a real rifle, not a fantasy rifle for an non-existent problem/use.
    This actually made me laugh out loud. There is so much ignorance and irony in this post it made my head spin.

    OP, apparently the Ruger GSR is useless in Redwood City, but for the rest of the world it is an excellent rifle. I have one; I can say with absolute certainty that it is a real rifle. It's so real, in fact, that if for some reason I could only have one long gun of any kind, it would be my GSR. I don't just like it; I love it.
    Anchors Aweigh

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #77
      Gem1950
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • 2876

      The newest model ~ I held one at SoCalGuns this weekend. Very nice.

      Synthetic stock. Muzzle brake. 16" barrel. Feels good in the hand but wondering how it recoils with less heft.
      "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine



      "We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

      "Is that a desert country?" "No; a fat country; fat people." "You are not fat?" "No. I'm different..."

      Comment

      • #78
        lastinline
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2014
        • 2364

        Originally posted by Gem1950
        Synthetic stock. Muzzle brake. 16" barrel. Feels good in the hand but wondering how it recoils with less heft.
        Not much more noticeable at all. We have three here, and really like this 16" SS/SYN version. The stock and trigger guard/magazine box are all one piece, and the metal finish is very subdued and non-reflective, as is the entire stock. Now if we could only get that in green laminate with short SS, and hopefully in the future they will offer a version in red laminate.

        Comment

        • #79
          offrdmania
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2008
          • 4053

          Have you seen the limited production walnut stock with SS? Its pure sexy
          Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

          Comment

          • #80
            liamettocs
            Member
            • Jun 2014
            • 308

            I agree with the mayor. I don't consider myself a prepper, but if I could only have one rifle, this would be it.

            Comment

            • #81
              emptybottle151
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 1503

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #82
                23 Blast
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 3754

                ^If the deer could talk, he'd say, "NO!"
                "Two dead?!? HOW?!?"
                [sigh] "Bullets, mortar fire, heavy artillery salvos, terminal syphilis, bad luck --- the usual things, Captain."

                Comment

                • #83
                  elSquid
                  In Memoriam
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 11844

                  Just got an email from grabagun. They have a sale on for the new composite scouts - $650!



                  Dang.

                  I don't need another rifle, I don't need another rifle, I don't need another rifle...

                  -- Michael

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1