Can anyone tell me what stock this is that came on my newly purchased Remington 700 7.62 NATO?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Remington 700 stock ID
Collapse
X
-
Looking to change it to DBM... I think I'm like the Pacific Tool & Guage.Attached Files -
Looks like either and HS Precision or maybe a B&C. My B&C has absolutely no identifying marks on it so I could understand if this one doesn't either. If that is the original one that came on the rifle its is more likely a B&C just judging by Remington's current offerings.
Is the rifle new from the factory or just new to you? If you know the model of the rifle you should be able to look up which stock came on it. If it was an aftermarket from a previous owner then it is still likely one of the two listed above.sigpicComment
-
Rifle is just new to me, gun shop got it from estate of old armorer. It's mine now... It needs a trigger guard and bottom plate, missing. That's why I'm looking into detachable box mags setup. Just curious about what stock it is. Going to call Remington tomorrow to look up serial and see what model. It's had some custom work done.Comment
-
It's an HS stock from an old PSS which was the predecessor to the current 700P.
Does the rifle have a 24" barrel or a 26" barrel?Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
-
The barrel is now 18 inches with a custom muzzle brake. Not sure what it started out as. Like I said came from an old armor I think you did some work to it.Attached FilesComment
-
I have a PSS (very early). It looked a little thin on the forend for that? The metal on a PSS would be all black, even the bolt. You are not often wrong maybe the picture is throwing me off?sigpicComment
-
The 700 PSS had a thicker than normal forearm with 2 sling swivels on it and a thick palm swell.
I will try and post some pictures for you. Ignore the square looking patch on the buttstock that is from stock tape so the pebble finish will slide easier in a sand bag.Last edited by LynnJr; 05-28-2015, 11:31 PM.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
Definitely not a BC, its a wonderful HS Precision as previously suggested.Comment
-
It's a mixmaster gun.
The Bolt is blued, likely from a BDL.
The receiver is painted so we can't even tell what it started out as.
The STOCK is an old PSS stock.
I can see the unique little bulge where the forearm gets wider even through the paint job.
I spent 4 years shooting one of those stocks so I know it well.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,825
Posts: 25,152,076
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 9546 users online. 119 members and 9427 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment