Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anybody know about british 303 martini

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evildevinvaughn
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2015
    • 5

    Anybody know about british 303 martini

    My pops has got one that has a spent shell in side the chamber he is unable to remove, says he needs a special tool. Anybody know anything about the rifle or a good gunsmith in the high desert area who could help?
  • #2
    mosinnagantm9130
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2009
    • 8783

    Is it the casing head? If it's a casing head separation a broken shell extractor, like this one, would work.

    Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
    My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

    Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
    Originally posted by ChopperX
    I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
    Originally posted by Jeff L
    Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

    Comment

    • #3
      evildevinvaughn
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2015
      • 5

      I honestly haven't got him to pull it out so I can take a look. But I'm pretty sure it's spent and the empty casing won't come out. He's been screwing with it for a while and can't find a gunsmith who seems to be able to get it fixed.

      Comment

      • #4
        crowbar
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 561

        May be a broken extractor if the case head is intact, and a cleaning rod through the muzzle should dislodge it. If the case head separated, a broken case extractor as mentioned above, or an old school USGI chamber brush for an M-1 or M-14 may do it.

        Post some pics when you have it resurrected. Martinis are not just for sipping.

        Comment

        • #5
          evildevinvaughn
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2015
          • 5

          Thank you, as soon as I get her fixed I'll post some pics.

          Comment

          • #6
            smle-man
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2007
            • 10606

            A .45 bore brush inserted from the chamber end with a pair of needle nose pliers and then pulled back out will usually bring the case with it. The pistol bore brush is best for this because with the breech block in place space is tight for a rifle chamber brush. If you remove the breech block it will be that much easier but sometimes the block can be tough to get back in. I've got one of these myself. Any credible gunsmith should be able to remove the case if the base pulled off. If the rim pulled off poke it out with a clearing rod and then examine the chamber. If it is messed up then a gunsmith may be called for.
            Last edited by smle-man; 03-15-2015, 1:59 PM.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1