Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best cz 75b sights??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sanjoseskater
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 597

    Best cz 75b sights??

    Im thinking about getting completion sights from czcustom.com for $130 installed or mepro nights sights from Cajun gun shop for $110 installed. Any thoughts or ideas on what one is better or a better setup? Also might get the "defensive package" from Cajun gun works for $338 any thoughts??
  • #2
    sanjoseskater
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 597

    This is going to be for a indoor/outdoor range gun and for self defense.

    Comment

    • #3
      n2stackin
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 842

      The defensive package will serve you well. Totally different gun when complete.

      I prefer the competition sights to Mepro, but YMMV.
      Gun Owner / NRA Member

      Comment

      • #4
        zfields
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2010
        • 13658

        Defensive gun, Mepros.
        Competition gun, CGW or CZC.


        I really wish there was more of an aftermarket for CZ sights. I'm hooked on the Ameriglow I-dot Pros, sadly nothing in CZ land similar.
        Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

        10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

        Comment

        • #5
          Tok36
          Veteran Member
          • May 2013
          • 3061

          I have both the CZC and CGW comp sights on different CZ's. They are both good.

          There are different thickness available for the FO front sights. I have found the further out i shoot the thinner i like the front sight. For 7-10 yards around .125 serves me well. Out past 10 yards i prefer the .090 i have from CGW (Dawson).

          Vive La Exile Machine!!
          Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
          Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
          Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
          Will work for CZ Pics!

          Comment

          • #6
            gogohopper
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 4733

            Related thread hijack. Any leads on a good cz sight pusher ? The guy that makes a sight pusher and sells it on cg indicated they did not work well for cz's. Fwiw I really like the sights that came on my cz target shadow. The thinner fo front sight does work better for these old eyes. : )
            Originally posted by Webologist
            I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.

            Comment

            • #7
              uhlan1
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2012
              • 6217

              My eyes must be older than yours. For Steel Challenge, IDPA and Falling Plates I much prefer the 1.5 F/O. 35 bucks I think out of CZC.

              OP, you can save some coin and install the sights yourself, not that tough.
              "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

              Comment

              • #8
                CAGLS
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 3708

                CZC sells a sight pusher specifically for the low profile CZ slides. IDK if any universal ones will work. I don't think so. I still drift with a plastic punch and plastic tent stake hammer.
                Originally posted by gogohopper
                Related thread hijack. Any leads on a good cz sight pusher ? The guy that makes a sight pusher and sells it on cg indicated they did not work well for cz's. Fwiw I really like the sights that came on my cz target shadow. The thinner fo front sight does work better for these old eyes. : )
                With the CGW comp sight set the front f/o sight comes pre drilled for the pin and the rear has two set screws. Otherwise the CZC front sights require drilling.
                Last edited by CAGLS; 02-03-2015, 8:37 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  TATER313
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 1481

                  I have competition sights on 2 of my CZ's I like them a lot. CZ custom gas some tactical night sights are pricy $85 for rear and $55 for front. I would look at the tactical style sights non night or night sights. The tactical are tapered off and will not scratch your side or your arm. I'm thinking about installing the night tactical on my compact. CGW has great products, I've installed his products in about ten pistols, everyone had been happy with the changes in their trigger. You might look into putting the pro package the disconnector helps a lot.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    RR.44
                    CGSSA Leader
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 1933

                    I shot another member's Shadow 9mm with the f/o front sight and plain black rear sight, it was the best setup for indoor range shooting I've ever shot, my Trijicon night sights aren't as nice as that F/O is. Just my .02
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      flanel
                      Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • 331

                      Regarding a pusher, the MGW Sight Pro does have a CZ 75 shoe available. It works great, but there is a different procedure for clamping it. Of course this is a very expensive tool just to do one CZ rear sight, but if you happen to have one anyway you are GTG for the small cost of the shoe.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        zfields
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13658

                        Originally posted by gogohopper
                        Related thread hijack. Any leads on a good cz sight pusher ? The guy that makes a sight pusher and sells it on cg indicated they did not work well for cz's. Fwiw I really like the sights that came on my cz target shadow. The thinner fo front sight does work better for these old eyes. : )
                        I have one of the fischer tools, I don't think it would be to hard to make a couple contour blocks to make it work.

                        This stuff does wonders.
                        Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                        10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          himurax13
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 3895

                          I use this POS site pusher.



                          It works fine as long as you don't have a rounded slide like a Sig Sauer.
                          Originally posted by Bumslie
                          HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                          Originally posted by Sleighter
                          Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                          Lifetime NRA member.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Old4eyes
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 1757

                            I installed hi-viz fiber sights on my 75B and on my 75 SA. My SP-01 has the Mepro sights which I prefer over Trijicon due to the Mepro having the larger white circles which makes the more visible during daytime shooting. I used the MGW Sight Pro with the CZ shoe for the installs on the 75B and the SA.

                            The Hi Viz are NOT night sights but in the daylight they are more visible than the Meprolights.
                            Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1