Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shot a vp9 today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mulyhuntr
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 786

    Shot a vp9 today

    And was unimpressed...

    Out of town on business in a free state, so went to the local range and put 100 rounds through a vp9.

    The vp9 just didn't feel as good in hand as my ppq m2(I know the grips can be changed) and the paddle mag release just seemed unorthodox.

    The trigger on the ppq is definitely better and muzzle flip between the two is negotiable.

    The vp9 shot low for me and I couldn't put a decent group together @ 7 yards.

    Maybe it would grow on me, but it doesn't seem worth $850 to find out.

    That is all...
  • #2
    Chapped Hide
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 3901

    The problem is not the gun if you can't put a decent group together at 7 yards.

    Last edited by Chapped Hide; 01-27-2015, 6:56 PM.
    **** your feelings!

    Comment

    • #3
      himurax13
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 3895

      Originally posted by mulyhuntr
      And was unimpressed...

      Out of town on business in a free state, so went to the local range and put 100 rounds through a vp9.

      The vp9 just didn't feel as good in hand as my ppq m2(I know the grips can be changed) and the paddle mag release just seemed unorthodox.

      The trigger on the ppq is definitely better and muzzle flip between the two is negotiable.

      The vp9 shot low for me and I couldn't put a decent group together @ 7 yards.

      Maybe it would grow on me, but it doesn't seem worth $850 to find out.

      That is all...
      Not worth the hype?
      Originally posted by Bumslie
      HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
      Originally posted by Sleighter
      Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

      Lifetime NRA member.

      Comment

      • #4
        db42
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 1574

        What? Something from HK was overhyped ?!?!?! NO WAY!
        I use to be an anarchist but I quit that; there's too many rules.

        Comment

        • #5
          static2126
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2013
          • 5619

          Originally posted by mulyhuntr
          And was unimpressed...

          Out of town on business in a free state, so went to the local range and put 100 rounds through a vp9.

          The vp9 just didn't feel as good in hand as my ppq m2(I know the grips can be changed) and the paddle mag release just seemed unorthodox.

          The trigger on the ppq is definitely better and muzzle flip between the two is negotiable.

          The vp9 shot low for me and I couldn't put a decent group together @ 7 yards.

          Maybe it would grow on me, but it doesn't seem worth $850 to find out.

          That is all...
          I am not a fan of the vp9 but if you cannot group at 7 yards that is on you vs the pistol

          Comment

          • #6
            mulyhuntr
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2013
            • 786

            Originally posted by Chapped Hide
            The problem is not the gun if you can't put a decent group together at 7 yards.

            I shoot glocks better all day long. Vp9 didn't feel right in my hand...like I was constantly adjusting my grip. Best 10 round group was ~2.5".

            Comment

            • #7
              tbc
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2011
              • 5955

              How did you hold the VP9 against your intended impact? Like a Glock? Front dot covering the target? Six o'clock hold?


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                mulyhuntr
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 786

                Originally posted by tbc
                How did you hold the VP9 against your intended impact? Like a Glock? Front dot covering the target? Six o'clock hold?


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Front dot covering target

                Comment

                • #9
                  VolvoWrench
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 1007

                  I shot my buddie's VP9 Sunday. Very light gun.
                  Not impressed with how the safety lever gets in the way of getting to the slide lock on the left side of the gun. Def. don't like that HK mag. release.
                  I'll stick to my XDs, thanks.
                  Boston Strong!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nor*Cal
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 2687

                    You lost me @ 7 yards

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tbc
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 5955

                      Originally posted by mulyhuntr
                      Front dot covering target

                      Hmmm. That how I hold my VP9 also. A 2.5" group was not that bad though. I am sure your PPQ gave you better group sizes otherwise you wouldn't make this thread.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        sammy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3847

                        The VP9 does not impress me either. Everyone raves about the trigger but a Glock with the minus connector is much better in my opinion. I would half to say it is very accurate though. This was shot offhand at 15 yards. The bottom 3 targets were shot with the VP9

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Chapped Hide
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 3901

                          Originally posted by VolvoWrench
                          I shot my buddie's VP9 Sunday. Very light gun.
                          Not impressed with how the safety lever gets in the way of getting to the slide lock on the left side of the gun. Def. don't like that HK mag. release.
                          I'll stick to my XDs, thanks.
                          Ummmmm, there is no "safety lever" on a VP9
                          **** your feelings!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gsparesa
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 918

                            Originally posted by mulyhuntr
                            And was unimpressed...

                            Maybe it would grow on me, but it doesn't seem worth $850 to find out.

                            That is all...

                            Wow! That much for a plastic gun???? One could pert-near buy two Glocks for that coin.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              static2126
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 5619

                              No safety on a vp9...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1