Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walter PPQ 4" or 5"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vipertom1970
    Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 228

    Walter PPQ 4" or 5"

    I am in the market for PPQ 9mm and don't really know if I should get 4" or 5".



    Thanks
  • #2
    nealo
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1700

    Both are great. What's your current stable.

    Calguns answer is always get both though.

    Comment

    • #3
      .45 ACP
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 1545

      Good to go either way. I found my groups slightly tighter with the 5". 4" is easier to conceal.
      The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

      Comment

      • #4
        Lead Waster
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 16650

        I have both. I bought the five inch first. I bought the four inch as a backup gun to bring to a match. I could have bought a backup five inch but the. I figured ... Why buy two of the exact same gun? That's why I have both. However if I was to only have one then I'd get the five inch. Concealment is not important to non ccw folks and from what I can tell of my sheriff (San Mateo) it will be a long time... Appeals and whatever for Peruta will have to be exhausted before he agrees that self defense is a good cause.
        ==================

        sigpic


        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

        There. Are. Four. Lights!

        Comment

        • #5
          customiiguy
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1666

          Cant we get a 4 then buy a 5 slide?

          Comment

          • #6
            .45 ACP
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 1545

            Some guys on the Walther forum tried that last year and so far Walther hasn't responded about selling slides. Only way to buy a 5 inch slide is if one magically shows up on gunbroker.
            The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

            Comment

            • #7
              keenkeen
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2011
              • 6782

              I'm getting the 5"...unless they come out with a 6".
              "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

              Comment

              • #8
                mievil
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 1788

                The 4" and 5" are exactly the same weight on Walther's site and feel pretty similar in real life so i'm not sure I buy the "heavier front end is better for competition" statement. I do have to say muzzle control felt a tad easier on the bigger model. Had both and sold the 5 prior to the crazy prices now, and wish I'd have kept it. It was a nice gun. The 4 will be cheaper for you to acquire.

                Comment

                • #9
                  mievil
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 1788

                  You could have just said something about the lever effect and it would have went over better. Since it makes more sense now that my Nyquil flu soaked brain is more coherent about it. But I'll never apologize for misquoting something that wasn't attributed specifically to someone by name, as that implies an idea, not a quote. But that's ok, some people just worry about being misquoted as it may ruin their online reputation......

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    vipertom1970
                    Member
                    • Apr 2014
                    • 228

                    Thanks guys, I am leaning toward the 4" as one of the range guns.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      saudadeii
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 3468

                      I bought a 4" first. Liked it so much, I bought a 5". Liked it so much I bought another 5".

                      For a range gun, you can't go wrong with either.
                      My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        The Mad Mule
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 616

                        A PPQ Classic frame with the 5" slide would be the ideal one for many people. If I had to do it again though, I'd probably go with the 5" because at least it'll stand out from all the usual 4" handgun length.
                        And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Erion929
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 4706

                          Preferred the 5" over the 4"
                          Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

                          https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


                          Comment

                          • #14
                            smittty
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 6276

                            Originally posted by vipertom1970
                            I am in the market for PPQ 9mm and don't really know if I should get 4" or 5".



                            Thanks
                            Definitely 5"

                            These are going to be awesome target guns so you might as well get the longest barrel option form the start. My friend has the 4" and he is dreaming about the 5".

                            Get me one too!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              .45 ACP
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • 1545

                              The "5 is one of the most accurate guns at 15-25 yards I've shot.
                              The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1