Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

? about XDm and XD mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TSX
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2015
    • 33

    ? about XDm and XD mags

    I just had a quick question. I have a XDm 3.8 compact. I am traveling to CA and I want to let some friends from my old unit stationed in CA shot this gun. I wanted to know if a XD subcompact 10 round mag will fit and function with it. My other option is to do a mag conversion with a block on my 19 rounder but Im not sure if it will be permanent or not.

    Springfield XDM 9mm 19 round to 10 round Mag Conversion Kit - Two Pack - EBR Works

    Also does place sell a mag thats already permanently blocked.


    Thanks for any help.
  • #2
    TSX
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2015
    • 33

    I called Tracy Pistol and Rifle earleir and one guy told me just to bring my hi caps in since I owned them prior to arriving in CA it should be fine.

    Comment

    • #3
      MrElectric03
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 1590

      May or may not be of help but a friend of mine bought an xd40 mag for his xdm40 and found they are not compatable.
      Originally posted by ar15barrels
      So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
      We must be on calguns...

      Comment

      • #4
        beanz2
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2008
        • 12032

        I know for sure XD mags did not work in the XDm. Too short. Figure the XD compact has no longer mags than regular XD?
        sigpic
        The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

        Comment

        • #5
          Quiet
          retired Goon
          • Mar 2007
          • 30242

          XDM-9 series and XDM-40 series use proprietary magazines that are not compatible with the XD-9 series and XD-40 series.
          Springfield Armory and HS Produkt do not make 10 round magazines for the XDM-9/40 series.

          XDM-45 series uses the same magazines are the XD-45 series.
          sigpic

          "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

          Comment

          • #6
            toddh
            Banned
            • Dec 2010
            • 1914

            Originally posted by Quiet
            XDM-9 series and XDM-40 series use proprietary magazines that are not compatible with the XD-9 series and XD-40 series.
            Springfield Armory and HS Produkt do not make 10 round magazines for the XDM-9/40 series.

            XDM-45 series uses the same magazines are the XD-45 series.

            ^^^ This is true and accurate info right here.



            .

            Comment

            • #7
              TSX
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2015
              • 33

              So I found this out and hope it works for me, I'll keep you posted how/if it works out for me. According to the thread the XDM 9 compact will be able to use the XD Subcompact 10 round mags. Also my buddy called Tracy Pistol and Rifle and got someone who knew what they were talking about and they would do the 13 round to 10 for $36 and the 19 rounder for $41 if they bought the mag if you brought it to them it would be a $10 fee.


              Hi There Everyone! New the forums. We just bought my wife the XDM Compact 9mm. Very nice gun, and it fits my wife's hand perfectly. We live in OR, so having Hi Cap mags is not an issue. But my wife's mom lives in rural CA, and we like to shoot our guns on her large property. I know many...
              Last edited by TSX; 01-25-2015, 4:41 PM.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1