Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

off roster mp 45 value? 700?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Red9
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 2900

    off roster mp 45 value? 700?

    curious,
    I might be doing a trade, and in the trade is a almost new sw/m&p 45. Pistol is dated 2005, has been fired 50 rounds. Looks clean. No safety, lci. Off roster pistol.
    Is this worth 700.00? has box, two mags, two backstraps.
    thanks
    Never enough reloading stuff
  • #2
    AR23C
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 840

    not sure about a pistol 10yrs old and only having 50rounds through it ...but $500 to $550 cash or trade value would be a price range I would pay for this type of pistol weather it has 50 or 1500 rounds through it .
    Last edited by AR23C; 01-19-2015, 10:06 PM. Reason: spel check

    Comment

    • #3
      Red9
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 2900


      hope the picture came out?
      Never enough reloading stuff

      Comment

      • #4
        5ZS
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 1047

        At least in my opinion in renting, the early M&P's had a sub-par trigger and sub-par barrel mechanical accuracy. Yes, even in the 45 caliber.

        Personally I would factor in Apex and a barrel upgrade. No opinion on price, it's off roster, blah. Well, you are more informed now than before .

        Comment

        • #5
          Red9
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 2900

          Originally posted by 5ZS
          At least in my opinion in renting, the early M&P's had a sub-par trigger and sub-par barrel mechanical accuracy. Yes, even in the 45 caliber.

          Personally I would factor in Apex and a barrel upgrade. No opinion on price, it's off roster, blah. Well, you are more informed now than before .
          Good heads up! Actually i may do the trade anyways. I sold my 1911 and at times miss seeing bigger holes than the 40s. I am trading a rifle for the pistol.
          Hope to do the dirty deed friday!
          Sigh another trip to sac...
          Never enough reloading stuff

          Comment

          • #6
            himurax13
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 3895

            Originally posted by 5ZS
            At least in my opinion in renting, the early M&P's had a sub-par trigger and sub-par barrel mechanical accuracy. Yes, even in the 45 caliber.

            Personally I would factor in Apex and a barrel upgrade. No opinion on price, it's off roster, blah. Well, you are more informed now than before .
            Wait? You mean they all don't suck like that? How do we tell uf the newer barrel was installed?
            Originally posted by Bumslie
            HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
            Originally posted by Sleighter
            Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

            Lifetime NRA member.

            Comment

            • #7
              MauserMike
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 684

              i got my brand new off roster m&p .45 fullsize for 675. before dros and tax
              magazine disconnect model w/ thumb safety.

              Owners of the shop bought it before it dropped and sold it private party.
              Slapping an upper onto a lower is not "building" an AR-15.

              What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you illiterate pawns not understand!?

              Comment

              • #8
                Degrelle
                Banned
                • Oct 2014
                • 364

                If the title of the ad says "OFF ROSTER" in it, you know you will get ******.

                Comment

                • #9
                  missiontrails
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7879

                  Originally posted by AR23C
                  not sure about a pistol 10yrs old and only having 50rounds through it ...but $500 to $550 cash or trade value would be a price range I would pay for this type of pistol weather it has 50 or 1500 rounds through it .
                  I bought a 18 year old USP 45 that was UNFIRED.... it can happen.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Legasat
                    Intergalactic Member
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4151

                    Originally posted by 5ZS
                    At least in my opinion in renting, the early M&P's had a sub-par trigger and sub-par barrel mechanical accuracy. Yes, even in the 45 caliber.
                    Personally I would factor in Apex and a barrel upgrade. No opinion on price, it's off roster, blah. Well, you are more informed now than before .
                    That may be your experience, but that is not mine. My M&P 45 remains (for some mysterious reason), the most accurate of my handguns. I did put an Apex kit in it, and now love the trigger. Never had any problems with accuracy in the .45. I did have some problems with my 9mm, but in usual fashion, S&W replaced the barrel & slide at no charge to me, when it was 5 yrs old. Now, no problems with that either.

                    I do agree that $700 seems a little high, unless you really want one Now!
                    ..

                    .........STGC(SW)


                    SAF Life Member

                    sigpic
                    NRA Benefactor

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      himurax13
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 3895

                      Originally posted by Legasat
                      That may be your experience, but that is not mine. My M&P 45 remains (for some mysterious reason), the most accurate of my handguns. I did put an Apex kit in it, and now love the trigger. Never had any problems with accuracy in the .45. I did have some problems with my 9mm, but in usual fashion, S&W replaced the barrel & slide at no charge to me, when it was 5 yrs old. Now, no problems with that either.

                      I do agree that $700 seems a little high, unless you really want one Now!
                      Well I have shot a few and they seem to be really hit and miss. When I saw one in 2007, we literally could not hit the side of a barn with it. I remember the trigger was quite awful and even with the apex kits they have now it still kind of meh. The ergos and the looks of the gun are quite good though.
                      Originally posted by Bumslie
                      HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                      Originally posted by Sleighter
                      Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                      Lifetime NRA member.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Randomnamerealquick
                        Member
                        • Jan 2015
                        • 355

                        I think you'd get $650 if you listed it at that, it's an off roster gun and unless you're LE, have LE friends, or a parent/grandparent out of state it's going to be a pain to get.


                        I do think your be better off waiting a few months to sell though

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          XDmax
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 611




                          I just sold my M&P 45 in great condition for $550.
                          Last edited by XDmax; 01-20-2015, 11:27 AM.
                          IF YOU BUY ANY BULK AMMO FROM LAX AMMO, YOU BETTER COUNT THE ROUNDS. I WAS SHORTED BY THEM.
                          v v v v v v
                          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1003656
                          NRA/IDPA (Prado)
                          SA XDm 5.25 .40 SA XDm 5.25 9mm
                          SA XDm 3.8c .40 SA 1911 Range Officer .45
                          SA XD Tactical .40 SA XD SC .40
                          M&P SHIELD .40 M&P .45 M&P 40c G23/G35 .40

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Red9
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2014
                            • 2900

                            Xdmax,
                            Where are u located? 550 seems like a great price
                            Never enough reloading stuff

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              himurax13
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 3895

                              Originally posted by dkonrai
                              Xdmax,
                              Where are u located? 550 seems like a great price
                              $550 is a good price.
                              Originally posted by Bumslie
                              HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                              Originally posted by Sleighter
                              Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                              Lifetime NRA member.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1