Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Update on DOJ Hold on Handgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nice shot
    Member
    • Jan 2015
    • 117

    Update on DOJ Hold on Handgun

    I just want to say that I received my New Handgun tonight and it Feels really Good- this is my first Gun purchase (SpringField XD45) and after 25 days of Delay I picked it up....I would like to Thank all that responded to my post giving me good advice as to what to do and not to do- "this is a great Web page"
    I received a Delay letter from the DOJ with a Application for a LiveScan I filled it out and Payed my $50 for the LiveScan and 2 days later my Gun Dealer called to tell me I was Approved and to come pick up my Handgun...
    So again to everyone who answered my post Thanks...
    Gleam Sometimes you can Teach A Old Dog New Tricks
  • #2
    Oceanbob
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2010
    • 12720

    That's great news! Thanks for the follow up....enjoy...
    May the Bridges I burn light the way.

    Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

    Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

    Comment

    • #3
      .45 ACP
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2014
      • 1545

      Just wondering, on the DROS form did you put your SSN or not?
      The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

      Comment

      • #4
        JTBEE24
        Member
        • Jun 2013
        • 135

        Congrats! Enjoy the new purchase!

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          Originally posted by .45 ACP
          Just wondering, on the DROS form did you put your SSN or not?
          there is no spot to put your SSN on the CA DROS form.

          you can list your SSN on the federal 4473 form but that does you ZERO good in CA, and only opens you up to identity theft.

          nothing that you write on the 4473 is sent to CADOJ for the background check. if you come up delayed or denied, CADOJ will not call the dealer to get the SSN off of the 4473.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            .45 ACP
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 1545

            So what could trigger DOJ asking for a live scan?
            The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

            Comment

            • #7
              Dinosaur Jr
              Senior Member
              • May 2012
              • 1707

              Originally posted by .45 ACP
              So what could trigger DOJ asking for a live scan?
              A common name that happens to be coincidentally shared with a prohibited person is just one scenario. The bottom line is that the DOJ is having some kind of problem identifying you.
              Laws against murder and attempted murder should have been the only gun control laws ever needed in America...

              Comment

              • #8
                nice shot
                Member
                • Jan 2015
                • 117

                Yes I put down my SSN- I had a few issue's as a kid on my record so I think the LiveScan kinda help clear it up

                Comment

                • #9
                  .45 ACP
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 1545

                  Originally posted by Dinosaur Jr
                  A common name that happens to be coincidentally shared with a prohibited person is just one scenario.
                  I was just thinking that. Wouldn't the SSN clear it up conceivably? I say this as someone who has DROS'D at least 30 weapons in the past 4 years without a single hiccup like this.
                  The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    .45 ACP
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • 1545

                    Originally posted by nice shot
                    Yes I put down my SSN- I had a few issue's as a kid on my record so I think the LiveScan kinda help clear it up
                    Ah ok. Thanks for the clarity.
                    The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding. - The United States Supreme Court

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ke6guj
                      Moderator
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 23725

                      Originally posted by .45 ACP
                      I was just thinking that. Wouldn't the SSN clear it up conceivably? I say this as someone who has DROS'D at least 30 weapons in the past 4 years without a single hiccup like this.
                      it would, if that info was sent to CADOJ. but during the DROS submission, your SSN is not transmitted to CADOJ. they basically only go off the info from your CA ID/DL. now, they might be able to get your SSN from your DMV records somehow, but they don't get it from the 4473.
                      Jack



                      Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                      No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        nice shot
                        Member
                        • Jan 2015
                        • 117

                        And yes I have a common name and as a matter of fact I have the same name of one of the Colonel at Pendleton

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Trriemferent
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 1252

                          glad you got your pistol but sucks you had to waste $50 to get it. hopefully they dont make this a habit for everyone.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            iluvmycolt
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 3247

                            Congrats OP. Now go out to the range and have some fun

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              The Gleam
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 13470

                              Originally posted by nice shot
                              I just want to say that I received my New Handgun tonight and it Feels really Good- this is my first Gun purchase (SpringField XD45) and after 25 days of Delay I picked it up....I would like to Thank all that responded to my post giving me good advice as to what to do and not to do- "this is a great Web page" I received a Delay letter from the DOJ with a Application for a LiveScan I filled it out and Payed my $50 for the LiveScan and 2 days later my Gun Dealer called to tell me I was Approved and to come pick up my Handgun... So again to everyone who answered my post Thanks... Gleam Sometimes you can Teach A Old Dog New Tricks
                              I don't think the LiveScan had anything to do with your "Application" getting approval. The DOJ does nothing inside of 2 days. I rightfully suspect some other aspect was learned in the interim and let go before they ever got your LiveScan.

                              And no, your SSN had not play or say in the matter.
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by Librarian
                              What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

                              If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1