Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

VP9 vs. P-01

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    static2126
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2013
    • 5619

    P01 is heavier but carries better for me. Anything smaller shield is great

    Comment

    • #32
      FlyingPen
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 2377

      Yes, a modified gun by a reputable gunsmith will always have a better trigger than a stock mass produced gun.

      Comment

      • #33
        static2126
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2013
        • 5619

        Agreed but for the price of a vp9 in the secondary market I would rather spend the 100 or 200 more for a p01

        Comment

        • #34
          FlyingPen
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 2377

          Originally posted by static2126
          Agreed but for the price of a vp9 in the secondary market I would rather spend the 100 or 200 more for a p01
          $100 or $200 is going to be a far distant memory after you pay for all the ammo you'll be using and training classes.

          I don't get this logic in gun buying, the cost differential of the gun itself is inconsequential unless you're just planning to look at it all the time and not actually learn how to use it or shoot it. There's basically almost no difference unless you're talking about a Hi Point over a Sig P210 or Wilson Combat.

          Comment

          • #35
            JackRydden224
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2011
            • 7229

            Originally posted by static2126
            Agreed but for the price of a vp9 in the secondary market I would rather spend the 100 or 200 more for a p01
            Exactly, especially when that extra $100-$200 gets you a P-01 with CGW Pro Package.

            Comment

            • #36
              static2126
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2013
              • 5619

              Originally posted by FlyingPen
              $100 or $200 is going to be a far distant memory after you pay for all the ammo you'll be using and training classes.

              I don't get this logic in gun buying, the cost differential of the gun itself is inconsequential unless you're just planning to look at it all the time and not actually learn how to use it or shoot it. There's basically almost no difference unless you're talking about a Hi Point over a Sig P210 or Wilson Combat.

              No it makes a huge difference (and I do shoot around 4-5k a year of 9mm depending on work and family obligations)

              VP9 on secondary market is around 900-1k. I would much rather spend 1.2k on a CGW P01. You are right, the 200 more is nothing over the life of the gun, but for only 200 more I get a far superior platform vs a VP9 as my base.

              Comment

              • #37
                optimus-primer
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 613

                Personally, I don't think one needs to tune a VP9. It has a very nice trigger. But that said, Gray Guns is doing some work on them and is promising impressive results.
                Bruce Gray of Gray Guns is a Sig is and HK specialist. I understand he has some tunings coming for the P320 as well.

                Comment

                • #38
                  JackRydden224
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 7229

                  Originally posted by static2126
                  No it makes a huge difference (and I do shoot around 4-5k a year of 9mm depending on work and family obligations)

                  VP9 on secondary market is around 900-1k. I would much rather spend 1.2k on a CGW P01. You are right, the 200 more is nothing over the life of the gun, but for only 200 more I get a far superior platform vs a VP9 as my base.
                  And that's the problem VP9 sellers will run into. At $1,000 there are many other guns people can buy that are on the roster, say a CGW P-01, Browning Hi Power and Springfield 9mm Loaded. You can also have Sigs in several different flavors.

                  Seriously, if I have $1,000 to spend on a gun it is not going to be a VP9.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Equipped
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2015
                    • 119

                    I own both the VP9 and P-01.

                    The P-01 for me is a hands down an all around winner for range, carry, and tune ability. The P-01 is a tack driver out of the box and can be tailored to your liking.

                    My VP9 has seen 100 rounds down range and has not been taken out since October.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      static2126
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 5619

                      Depends. Def some sales at over 1k have been made. Some people don't like metal pistols.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        FlyingPen
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 2377

                        Originally posted by JackRydden224
                        And that's the problem VP9 sellers will run into. At $1,000 there are many other guns people can buy that are on the roster, say a CGW P-01, Browning Hi Power and Springfield 9mm Loaded. You can also have Sigs in several different flavors.

                        Seriously, if I have $1,000 to spend on a gun it is not going to be a VP9.
                        The HiPower needs some serious work to smooth out and lighten the ridiculous stock trigger pull.

                        I think the VP-9 suffers from a couple things, first it has the HK tax, then there's the off roster tax, then there's the current profiteering tax.

                        I think the true value of the gun is that it should be around a P30 if not slightly more due to being the latest greatest from HK and having a reportedly better trigger.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          guest1
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2014
                          • 1038

                          Originally posted by JackRydden224
                          Sending your P-01 to CGW will get you a great shooting gun. For someone looking to pick between the two you can buy a P-01 from CGW with the Pro package already done fo about $980 shipped.
                          Originally posted by nealo
                          Will they still do this? I know the P01 is on roster but is the model CGW ships out the CA model? I thought I missed my chance with them.
                          Originally posted by JackRydden224
                          Yes they will. When they sub the 10rd mag for standard mags you will be good to go. The CZ P-01 is on the roster and CGW is indeed selling you a P-01 as it shows on the slide.

                          EDIT: When CGW sells you a P-01 it is still a CZ P-01 which is on the roster until 1/1/2016. It does not become a CGW P-01.
                          I will respectfully disagree and challenge JackRydden's information above highlighted in BOLD. The Underlined portion however is true.

                          Bottom line is this: Now that SSE is gone, you must purchase the Roster approved gun in it's original stock form 1st. Once you are the legal owner of this gun, then you can do whatever you want to it. So purchasing a P01 from CGW directly all modified is no longer the same gun as the one tested and approved by the DOJ (internals have been modified and the hammer is changed among other things)
                          OP, buy yourself a P01 from your local dealer, then send it to CGW.
                          Last edited by guest1; 01-05-2015, 11:13 AM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            static2126
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 5619

                            Originally posted by FlyingPen
                            The HiPower needs some serious work to smooth out and lighten the ridiculous stock trigger pull.

                            I think the VP-9 suffers from a couple things, first it has the HK tax, then there's the off roster tax, then there's the current profiteering tax.

                            I think the true value of the gun is that it should be around a P30 if not slightly more due to being the latest greatest from HK and having a reportedly better trigger.
                            A P30 is better built vs a VP9 (though in turn te VP9 is better built than the PPQ)

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              JackRydden224
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 7229

                              Originally posted by guest1
                              I will respectfully disagree and challenge JackRydden's information above highlighted in BOLD. The Underlined portion however is true.

                              Bottom line is this: Now that SSE is gone, you must purchase the Roster approved gun in it's original stock form 1st. Once you are the legal owner of this gun, then you can do whatever you want to it. So purchasing a P01 from CGW directly all modified is no longer the same gun as the one tested and approved by the DOJ (internals have been modified and the hammer is changed among other things)
                              OP, buy yourself a P01 from your local dealer, then send it to CGW.
                              Actually what you said is completely true from a legal perspective, all on roster guns must be in their approved form. However the roster does not specify what those features are. The FFL is not going recognize the hammer and spring changes made by CGW, all they would care is what it says on the slide or the product number. If the seller and markings on the gun say it's a PO-1 then what makes the FFL say it is not a P-01? I also don't think CADOJ requires the FFL to inspect every part of the gun to make sure that it matches the approved form because once again, it's not specified anywhere.

                              PS: To be safe call your FFL to get their take on this matter. I know two FFLs that will be OK with this.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                FlyingPen
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 2377

                                On P30 vs VP9, I would argue better built, the slides seems pretty similar with the exception of the hammer of course. The frames are pretty similar and the slide blocks, extractors, etc don't seem like they're better fitted or made of a higher quality material than the VP9.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1