Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Any one use this pistol bag?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cusco19
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 1067

    Any one use this pistol bag?

    will this keep out moisture and corrosion on a steel or alloy frame pistol? only saw 1 review.. so not sure if other CGers use them.

    ZCORR Anti Corrosion Velcro Compact Pistol Bag
    DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix
  • #2
    skosh69
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 4290

    Originally posted by cusco19
    will this keep out moisture and corrosion on a steel or alloy frame pistol?
    Corrosion on an alloy frame Just messing with ya OP. Are you talking long term storage? Isn't that what desiccants are for?

    Comment

    • #3
      cusco19
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 1067

      sorry skosh69.. first time gun owner. yea for long term storage.
      DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

      Comment

      • #4
        skosh69
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 4290

        Originally posted by cusco19
        sorry skosh69.. first time gun owner. yea for long term storage.
        Gotcha! Depending on where you live, a couple of desiccant bags in your safe should be good to go, but it looks like this bag would work too.

        I have friends that use these inside their safes: http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-...bxgy_sg_text_y

        Comment

        • #5
          cusco19
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2013
          • 1067

          sweet.. thanks!!
          DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

          Comment

          • #6
            scubamark13
            Senior Member
            • May 2007
            • 517

            I use the ZCorr bags for pistols and rifles that I plan to keep for a while but don't shoot. To be honest I haven't opened them in years so I don't know if they are working but I hope they are.
            "For between an armed and an unarmed man there is no comparison whatsoever, and it is not reasonable for an armed man to obey an unarmed man willingly."
            Niccolo Machiavellis

            Comment

            • #7
              scubamark13
              Senior Member
              • May 2007
              • 517

              Oh yah I should also add that they are in the safe with desiccant.
              "For between an armed and an unarmed man there is no comparison whatsoever, and it is not reasonable for an armed man to obey an unarmed man willingly."
              Niccolo Machiavellis

              Comment

              • #8
                Oceanbob
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2010
                • 12720

                First time pistol owner and one pistol?

                Get a bag that can be locked and used for legal transport. Velcro doesn't meet the CDOJ requirement for transport.
                May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                Comment

                • #9
                  bsg
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 25954

                  i run a GoldenRod inside my gun safe.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    calif 15-22
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 6028

                    OP I just bought two of these for my safe. When the desiccant gets moist you just plug them into the wall for 8hrs and it dries them out to reuse over and over. I bought two to rotate them.

                    (Fyi I have 6 pistols and 8 rifles in my safe that get very little use and have no issues with rust or moisture)

                    Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                    It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
                    Originally posted by Hoooper
                    Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      cusco19
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 1067

                      scubamark13: if you ever get a chance to open it up, let me know if the baggie works.

                      oceanbob: don't worry about that... i have a lockbox that i use for transport. this will not be used for transport.
                      DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        VictorFranko
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 13737

                        Originally posted by skosh69
                        Corrosion on an alloy frame
                        OP, here's a prime example of why you need to vet information supplied by the general membership.

                        Of course aluminum alloys can corrode. Corrosion on aluminum is known as oxidation (aluminum oxide), which left unchecked can pit the base metal and cause blisters under plating and painting.
                        Salt (human sweat) is a leading contributor to oxidation on aluminum, one of the prime areas on a handgun is under the grips.
                        Last edited by VictorFranko; 12-30-2014, 8:04 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cusco19
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 1067

                          thanks victorfranko
                          DIY: 1911 idiot scratch fix

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1