Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 32 Gen4 failure to fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • did_v2
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 9

    Glock 32 Gen4 failure to fire

    Took out a second mortgage to buy some ammo, then took my new Glock 32 Gen4 out to the range to break it in. Only put 80 rounds through - stopped after second failure to fire. Waited the requisite 30 seconds, ejected the round. I was thinking when looking at the top of the slide that it hadn't fully gone into battery, although only slightly.

    When I got home and looked at the unfired round, primer strike was light and off center. Reading some seems to confirm my suspicions that Glock was not fully into battery.

    So now at home I field stripped and thoroughly cleaned my pistol. My intention was to take it out again but now I'm wondering if I should just send it to Glock to figure out what's going on.

    My question is should I put more rounds through and see if it happens again or just send it back for Glock to figure out? I've never had a problem like this with any other Glock I own (or any other pistol for that matter). Being a Gen4, I'm somewhat concerned about getting it back if I send it in.

  • #2
    himurax13
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 3895

    So what you are saying is that the gun was out of battery? If so, then the gun should not have fired.

    What ammo are you using? Do you have the offending round? I would see if it will drop into the barrel and check to see if there is any damage our any out of roundness to the rim.

    If the frame is intact, you should have zero fear of sending your gun in for warranty work.
    Originally posted by Bumslie
    HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
    Originally posted by Sleighter
    Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

    Lifetime NRA member.

    Comment

    • #3
      lastinline
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2014
      • 2364

      Try a different brand/load of ammunition first.
      Try a different magazine as well.
      If the problem persists, then go from there. I have purchased three G-19 Gen 4 pistols in three months, and each has it's own ammo preferences. When shooting Brown Beam steel-cased 9mm ball, two of the pistols like it, but one does not. All three pistols love steel-cased Tulamo, and any other brass-cased ammo as well.

      Comment

      • #4
        did_v2
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 9

        Originally posted by himurax13
        So what you are saying is that the gun was out of battery? If so, then the gun should not have fired.

        What ammo are you using? Do you have the offending round? I would see if it will drop into the barrel and check to see if there is any damage our any out of roundness to the rim.

        If the frame is intact, you should have zero fear of sending your gun in for warranty work.
        I was thinking that the gun was slightly out of battery. Maybe that's not what happened but the picture shows the primer strike way off center. Ammo is Winchester, just something I found at Wally World. Rim seems to be fine and round drops right into chamber.

        Comment

        • #5
          DannyInSoCal
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2010
          • 8271

          95% of Glock issues are ammo/mag related.

          My G33 eats EVERYTHING - Except UMC ammo.

          Go figure....
          .
          $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

          Comment

          • #6
            himurax13
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 3895

            Originally posted by did_v2
            I was thinking that the gun was slightly out of battery. Maybe that's not what happened but the picture shows the primer strike way off center. Ammo is Winchester, just something I found at Wally World. Rim seems to be fine and round drops right into chamber.
            I would just try again. I would attribute this to tight magazine springs that need to set first.
            Originally posted by Bumslie
            HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
            Originally posted by Sleighter
            Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

            Lifetime NRA member.

            Comment

            • #7
              evlblkrfl
              Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 476

              Wow. A glock that isnt perfect?! Dont tell James Yeager!! Anyways my gen 3 EDC G32 is and always has been flawless. I say shoot her a bit more and then decide.

              Comment

              • #8
                did_v2
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 9

                Originally posted by evlblkrfl
                Wow. A glock that isnt perfect?! Dont tell James Yeager!! Anyways my gen 3 EDC G32 is and always has been flawless. I say shoot her a bit more and then decide.
                It isn't a Gen3 Glock 19, so that's why it's not perfect!

                Comment

                • #9
                  did_v2
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 9

                  Thanks guys, I'm going to give it another try with different ammo and keep track of my magazines to see if there is one offender.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    himurax13
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 3895

                    Originally posted by evlblkrfl
                    Wow. A glock that isnt perfect?! Dont tell James Yeager!! Anyways my gen 3 EDC G32 is and always has been flawless. I say shoot her a bit more and then decide.
                    I know right?

                    This is almost as amusing as people saying thay their 1911's are reliable and that they would trust their lives with it.
                    Last edited by himurax13; 12-23-2014, 7:47 AM.
                    Originally posted by Bumslie
                    HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                    Originally posted by Sleighter
                    Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                    Lifetime NRA member.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      stormvet
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 12681

                      There is no such thing as a perfect Glock with a neutered 10 round mag. Even a 1911 is more reliable then that.
                      But keep on thinking your good to go, only free state Glocks are perfect.

                      OP, I have never seen a Glock firing pin that far of center. Doesn't even resemble a Primer struck by a Glock. I would continue to shoot it, but proced with caution.
                      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        _TomT_
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 3354

                        The dimple looks weird, a glock struck casing should be retangular shaped. Looks like the striker is being obstructed in some way.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jdben92883
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 3635

                          Uh...sure. Keep right on believing that. I have upwards of a dozen Glocks. All (that use them) have standard and 10-round magazines. At LEAST 10 magazines per model, yes >100 mags in total. I can discern no reliability difference between standard and limited mags. But I'm sure there's lots of internet chatter that supports your assertion. Also not sure what "even" a 1911 means...my 1911s are as reliable as my Glocks, but Glocks are far more simple in their design and without an external safety so they are my go-to HD gun. Both Glocks and well-maintained 1911s are superbly reliable.

                          Originally posted by stormvet
                          There is no such thing as a perfect Glock with a neutered 10 round mag. Even a 1911 is more reliable then that.
                          But keep on thinking your good to go, only free state Glocks are perfect.

                          OP, I have never seen a Glock firing pin that far of center. Doesn't even resemble a Primer struck by a Glock. I would continue to shoot it, but proced with caution.
                          NRA Benefactor Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            stormvet
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 12681

                            Struck a nerve, come on we all know that 1911s are jam-o-matics, they never work. It's repeated on Calguns daily.
                            I stand by the Glock 10 round mags being far less reliable then standard mags.
                            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              _TomT_
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • 3354

                              Originally posted by stormvet
                              Struck a nerve, come on we all know that 1911s are jam-o-matics, they never work. It's repeated on Calguns daily.
                              I stand by the Glock 10 round mags being far less reliable then standard mags.
                              OP's problem is another problem entirely. There is another thread that involved the 10 round mags issue however.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1