Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

gunsmith San Diego area

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • skeleman63
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 171

    gunsmith San Diego area

    Can anyone recommend a good smith in San Diego area? Clothy and Sons?
    Last edited by skeleman63; 11-16-2014, 8:25 AM.
  • #2
    L84CABO
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2009
    • 8779

    Tagged for interest...as I'm not really sure there is one.

    Might help to know what type of gun and what you need done.
    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

    Fighter Pilot

    Comment

    • #3
      Legasat
      Intergalactic Member
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2009
      • 4151

      It would help if we knew what part of town you live in, what kind of firearm you have, and what you want done.
      ..

      .........STGC(SW)


      SAF Life Member

      sigpic
      NRA Benefactor

      Comment

      • #4
        Corbin Dallas
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • May 2006
        • 6370

        There are a number of smiths. What do you need done and to what?
        NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

        WTB the following - in San Diego
        --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
        --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

        Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

        Comment

        • #5
          skeleman63
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 171

          Front sight came off my Fed Ordnance 1911 when shooting it. I live by SDSU....a few people have told me to go Duncan's in San Marcos...
          Last edited by skeleman63; 11-16-2014, 2:29 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Corbin Dallas
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • May 2006
            • 6370

            Originally posted by skeleman63
            Front sight came off my Fed Ordnance 1911 when shooting it. I live by SDSU....a few people have told me to go Duncan's in San Marcos...
            If all you need is to put the sight back on you could go see Chase at GunFighterTactical on Miramar Road.

            Much closer and I'd be will to bet less expensive with a faster turn around over Duncans.

            Close too.
            NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

            WTB the following - in San Diego
            --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
            --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

            Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

            Comment

            • #7
              skeleman63
              Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 171

              Went to Gunfighter Tact today and they couldn't help nor could Big Shots down the road....

              I found a sight online and probably will try to do it myself.....

              Comment

              • #8
                BEE
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 2901

                You can try contacting Don Gussler @ (619)258-2543

                Comment

                • #9
                  Corbin Dallas
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • May 2006
                  • 6370

                  Originally posted by skeleman63
                  Went to Gunfighter Tact today and they couldn't help nor could Big Shots down the road....

                  I found a sight online and probably will try to do it myself.....

                  That's really surprising. Did they not have the tools to install the front sight or was there something else?
                  NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

                  WTB the following - in San Diego
                  --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
                  --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

                  Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Port Authority
                    Member
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 231

                    Originally posted by BEE
                    You can try contacting Don Gussler @ (619)258-2543
                    Gusslers is a fine little garage shop and I'd bet they could help you.

                    By the 52 and Mast.

                    Port
                    .
                    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Jayruta
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 1099

                      Anyone know someone in SD that can cut down my s12 barrel and pin weld my break at just over the legal SBS limit?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Voo
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 1702

                        Originally posted by skeleman63
                        Went to Gunfighter Tact today and they couldn't help nor could Big Shots down the road....

                        I found a sight online and probably will try to do it myself.....
                        I'm not familiar with Fed Ordnance 1911's but if the front is dovetailed, that's a super easy fix..

                        If it requires staking, for the money any smith would charge you (except free), I'd buy the staking tool from Brownells and research on google/youtube how to do it on my own..

                        Good luck!
                        Aloha snackbar!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Voo
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 1702

                          Originally posted by Jayruta
                          Anyone know someone in SD that can cut down my s12 barrel and pin weld my break at just over the legal SBS limit?
                          I'd give Parallax Tactical a call. They have access to the right tools. Seems like you would just need it cut, threaded and then pin/welded..
                          Aloha snackbar!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Christopher761
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • 855

                            David @ AO Sword in El Cajon on Main Street.

                            619-749-GUNS (619-749-4867)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Paltik
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 746

                              I've had good results from Parallax Tactical and from North County Firearms.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1