Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.44mag... S&W vs. Ruger help please...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    WINGEDSWORD
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 647

    Ruger vs Smith

    I have both a 629 and a Redhawk. I enjoy both. But if I could only have one,
    It would be the Reghawk. Its not as pretty as the 629, but it is more rugged and reliable.

    Comment

    • #17
      Snapping Twig
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 2105

      If you need to shoot the +P stuff, like Buffalo Bore, then the Ruger is your gun. If you are satisfied with SAAMI approved rounds (I am), then the S&W is your gun.

      I have 3 S&W's and 1 Ruger if that says anything.
      Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

      Comment

      • #18
        ZOMBIEHUNTER
        Member
        • May 2008
        • 395

        iam a ruger man i own no smiths i like the feel and strength of a ruger
        Jon

        Comment

        • #19
          gunrun45
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 2018

          +1 for Ruger.
          If you want to be the coolest kid on the block get one of the new 4in barrel redhawks. I seriously considered one but settled for another blackhawk with a 4 5/8 in tube due to cost.

          Personally I'm waiting for the 4in 45LC redhawk to make the CA list
          Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune moment

          Comment

          • #20
            rayra
            Banned
            • Mar 2006
            • 1747

            I'd call the Smiths and the Redhawk generally equivalent. If you want to shoot max loads you should get a SuperRedhawk or SuperBlackhawk. Put a lot of max 300gr loads through my Superblackhawk over the years and it remained tight as ever.

            Comment

            • #21
              rayra
              Banned
              • Mar 2006
              • 1747

              and on the flip side I've got a 4" S&W 64 / .357 that I've put some stout loads through and it is now a rattletrap.

              Comment

              • #22
                chsk9
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2006
                • 1357

                S&W

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1