Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is it true there will be an SSE 2.0?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sikvenum93
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 2181

    Is it true there will be an SSE 2.0?

    Well I wanted to get another SSE pistol but I would need to take out credit card debt for it. I know I know, terrible idea. But at my LGS I overheard people talking about an SSE 2.0 and that various FFLs are figuring out the process now. Is this true?
    Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus
  • #2
    BigBamBoo
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2008
    • 5215

    Yes....and then there will be another bill banning it. And so on and so on until something either changes via the court system (I personally doubt I will be alive by that time) or guns in CA will be like guns in DC.
    Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

    What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    It makes it bigger and longer.

    Comment

    • #3
      TheDigitalPicasso
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 1725

      Originally posted by BigBamBoo
      Yes....and then there will be another bill banning it. And so on and so on until something either changes via the court system (I personally doubt I will be alive by that time) or guns in CA will be like guns in DC.
      So whats this SSE 2.0 and if you guys don't want to post it please PM me I would like to read about it.

      Comment

      • #4
        ke6guj
        Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 23725

        it may be possible that there is an SSE2 option, but that is not guaranteed. and even if there is an SSE2, it might be limited to items like AR pistols and other oddball pistols, and not extend to your more traditional firearms like Gen4 Glock.

        and if it does manifest itself into a commercial option, it probably won't be as easy as SSE1 became with barrel inserts.
        Jack



        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          it may be possible that there is an SSE2 option, but that is not guaranteed. and even if there is an SSE2, it might be limited to items like AR pistols and other oddball pistols, and not extend to your more traditional firearms like Gen4 Glock.

          and if it does manifest itself into a commercial option, it probably won't be as easy as SSE1 became with barrel inserts.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            antiseen
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 837

            It will just be more $$ I'm sure

            Comment

            • #7
              CK_32
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 14369

              Originally posted by antiseen
              It will just be more $$ I'm sure
              Yup.
              For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

              What's Your Caliber??


              My Youtube channel

              Comment

              • #8
                Matt P
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2006
                • 3101

                Anyway I look at it, it will take FFLs to embrace the desire to exploit letter of the law if you will.
                As Jack said it will not be as simple as it is now.
                It will come down to a dealer willing to push the limits.
                I called DOJ and they still have no defined direction in when will be the last day for SSE1. They said maybe have that direction middle of next month or in early December.
                I
                My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sikvenum93
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 2181

                  Originally posted by ke6guj
                  it may be possible that there is an SSE2 option, but that is not guaranteed. and even if there is an SSE2, it might be limited to items like AR pistols and other oddball pistols, and not extend to your more traditional firearms like Gen4 Glock.

                  and if it does manifest itself into a commercial option, it probably won't be as easy as SSE1 became with barrel inserts.
                  Damn that sucks. But ar pistols is better than nothing.
                  Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    riderr
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 6700

                    Originally posted by Sikvenum93
                    Well I wanted to get another SSE pistol but I would need to take out credit card debt for it. I know I know, terrible idea. But at my LGS I overheard people talking about an SSE 2.0 and that various FFLs are figuring out the process now. Is this true?
                    Sure, there will be SSE2. However, it's not guaranteed, your dream gun will be eligible or you will be able to afford it.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      riderr
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2013
                      • 6700

                      Originally posted by TheDigitalPicasso
                      So whats this SSE 2.0 and if you guys don't want to post it please PM me I would like to read about it.
                      The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of the Fight Club is ....

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Tall Tree
                        Member
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 319

                        The work around I heard does not sound too appealing to me. And yes, guns will cost more because there is a significant cost associated with the work around. Even if the lawyers ok this, I will not be interested in the outcome. Looks like the party is over.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Saym14
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 7892

                          Originally posted by Matt P
                          Anyway I look at it, it will take FFLs to embrace the desire to exploit letter of the law if you will.
                          actually it will require manufacturers to buy into it

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Lead Waster
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 16650

                            Ah, well what is changed in the law was that the guns must be manufactuted as single shot. guns. So if I were to speculate, a factory built Gen4 Glock with a 1 round magazine and long barrel is a single shot gun. But Glock already told us to shove the roster so I can't see them doing it, plus they can sell us Gen3s.
                            ==================

                            sigpic


                            Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                            Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                            There. Are. Four. Lights!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tall Tree
                              Member
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 319

                              Originally posted by Saym14
                              actually it will require manufacturers to buy into it
                              FFL 07.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1