Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why is the CZ 75 DA when there is no decocker?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr310
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2011
    • 5692

    Why is the CZ 75 DA when there is no decocker?

    Other than to quickly try to get a shot off if there's a light strike.

    Can someone explain this wizardry to me?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.
  • #2
    bwhited
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 1947

    It works like a 1911 but has double strike capability.


    Originally posted by Mr310
    Other than to quickly try to get a shot off if there's a light strike.

    Can someone explain this wizardry to me?

    Comment

    • #3
      Tok36
      Veteran Member
      • May 2013
      • 3061

      Some people actually like a heavy trigger pull on the first shot for safety reasons. The people who do not like the DA pull convert their pistols to SA only, they choose a different pistol or just avoid using the DA.
      Last edited by Tok36; 10-25-2014, 6:35 PM. Reason: Clarity
      Vive La Exile Machine!!
      Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
      Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
      Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
      Will work for CZ Pics!

      Comment

      • #4
        osis32
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2009
        • 5912

        I wish the 75 was like the usp and could be run cocked and locked or decocked da. If you're confident you can thumb decock and run in da.
        Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

        Comment

        • #5
          Euphoria526
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 3812

          Originally posted by osis32
          I wish the 75 was like the usp and could be run cocked and locked or decocked da. If you're confident you can thumb decock and run in da.
          You can... If you get the standard da/sa 75b. If you the the 75bd I think it is, is the one that comes with a decocker. SA comes with a safety. 75b comes with a safety.
          This thread makes no sense.
          Originally posted by Jimi Jah
          I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
          Originally posted by elpaisa1
          I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

          Originally posted by Euphoria526
          I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

          Comment

          • #6
            Euphoria526
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 3812

            Originally posted by Tok36
            Some people actually like a heavy trigger pull on the first shot for safety reasons. The people who do not like the DA pull convert their pistols to SA only or they choose a different pistol.
            I know I do. I prefer da/SA with a decocker. CZ's da isn't as horrible as others lol. P07 is awesome. Just saying...
            Originally posted by Jimi Jah
            I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
            Originally posted by elpaisa1
            I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

            Originally posted by Euphoria526
            I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

            Comment

            • #7
              osis32
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2009
              • 5912

              I don't think it works the same as the usp euphoria. The usp the decocker can be put in the safe position. With the cz there is no safe if you use a decocker as far as i know anyway.
              Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

              Comment

              • #8
                Euphoria526
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 3812

                Your right. You can't have the safety on if it's not cocked. Plus they done have safety on the decocker models. Usp has both I'm guessing
                Originally posted by Jimi Jah
                I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
                Originally posted by elpaisa1
                I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

                Originally posted by Euphoria526
                I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

                Comment

                • #9
                  Luv1911's
                  Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 121

                  CZ's come in DA/SA with a manual safety, DA/SA with a decocker (no different than other DA/SA guns with dockers on the market) and SA only with a manual safety similar to 1911's. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure I understand this thread.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    osis32
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 5912

                    He's asking why does the cz75b bother having double action because it's dangerous to manually decock and most people run it in single action anyway. To him only reason to have double action is to try to refire a light strike.
                    Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tok36
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2013
                      • 3061

                      I am curious as to what brought this question up. DA/SA seams quite common across allot of manufacturers.

                      What do you typically shoot OP?
                      Vive La Exile Machine!!
                      Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
                      Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
                      Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
                      Will work for CZ Pics!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        trigger945
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 5795

                        osis32 laid the question out well. And I think it is a good question.

                        Not sure why, OP, but maybe because some people don't like decockers and would rather thumb decock? Maybe?
                        One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

                        AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bainter1212
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 5936

                          The design lends itself well to the type of customers looking for a service pistol, including LE and military. You can choose your method of carry.
                          Remembering to decock takes proper training just like operating a safety or safely dropping a hammer.
                          With the 75B you can choose your method.
                          Remember the CZ75 was developed for LE/military use.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mr310
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 5692

                            Originally posted by osis32
                            He's asking why does the cz75b bother having double action because it's dangerous to manually decock and most people run it in single action anyway. To him only reason to have double action is to try to refire a light strike.
                            No. To me, the only reason to have a DA pistol is when you have the ability to decock the gun wit7h an actual decocker; not your thumb or other hand.

                            Is it possible to decock a gun manually? Yes. Is it inherently dangerous? Oh yes.

                            If the CZ 75 does not have the ability to decock unless doing it manually, then why have it as a traditional DA pistol?
                            WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              railroader
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 3115

                              Originally posted by Mr310
                              Other than to quickly try to get a shot off if there's a light strike.

                              Can someone explain this wizardry to me?
                              With the safety non decocker version you get the best of both worlds. You can go cocked and locked or decocked. When I decock my Czs I grab the hammer between my middle finger and my thumb. I also place index finger in front of the hammer. This basically surrounds the hammer. I now pull the trigger. I can feel the hammer release forward slightly. Now I can take my finger off the trigger which reblocks the firing pin. I now lower the hammer to half cock and I'm done. With a little practice it is easy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1