Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Are Promags really that bad?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EGrove
    Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 125

    Are Promags really that bad?

    I guess I made the mistake of buying a promag recently. Didn't do any research on it, just impulse buy I guess. Then I do a google search and apparently they have bad reviews. Have things changed perhaps or are they still bad?
  • #2
    TMB 1
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2012
    • 7153

    I don't have any for handguns but the M1 Carbine, Mini-14 & AR Promags I have work perfect.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      gsxr310
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 662

      My cousin never had any issues w promags. I can't speak for them myself cuz I use oem magazines.

      Comment

      • #4
        paolo
        Member
        • May 2013
        • 210

        My Mini-14 Promags have bottom plates that just fall off. Also have one for my Beretta 92f that is pretty low quality.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          liberty47
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 1566

          The promags I have are only range mags, can't dependon them YMMV.
          Last edited by liberty47; 10-21-2014, 6:39 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            billt
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 1179

            They're hit or miss. I've taken chances buying them. Sometimes they work well, and sometimes not at all. The worst luck I've had with them has been with my Ruger Mini 14's, (3 or them). Pro Mags are pure crap, and I doubt I'll ever buy any more of them. I'm at the point in life where I want as little aggravation as possible. Buying Ruger factory magazines will assure this. Pro Mags just add to the aggravation factor. I'm retiring in 2 months. I've had enough aggravation, so I'll gladly spend the money to prevent having any while I'm shooting. Having a Pro Mag run 100% is like having a stripper wife that won't cheat. The chances are slim to none.
            If common sense was so common, why don't liberals possess any?

            Comment

            • #7
              bsg
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 25954

              i wouldn't suggest you count on ProMag magazines for reliability.

              Comment

              • #8
                xrayoneone
                Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 359

                Good range mags for the carbine and mini 14. I don't have any pistol promags.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Forever-A-Soldier
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 786

                  Never liked the ones I've had. They work sometimes. That's not good enough for me.

                  F.A.S. Out
                  "God, Family, Country"; Patriot; Thorn in the side of Anti-Gunners, Communists & Liberals since 1981.
                  Cold War Vet (U.S. Army Infantry: 1984-1988); GWOT & Iraqi War Vet (CAANG 2002-2008 - Infantry; OIF III)
                  NRA LIFE Member
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Carcassonne
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 4897

                    I have some ProMags for my CZ. I had to do a little "tuning" to get them to work. In no way would I rely on them for person defense unless there was nothing else available. I have 100 rounds in MecGar and factory CZ magazine before I have to switch to my ProMags.


                    .
                    Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                    In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                    I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Kokopelli
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 3448

                      I had a couple ProMags for the Mini14 that were horrible. OTOH, I have a few ProMag 10/20 for my AR that work great. It's hit and miss.
                      If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. - Ronald Reagan

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        erik_26
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 3907

                        -Hit or miss

                        -Would not rely on for HD/SD

                        -Good for the range and FTF drills
                        Signature required

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tragic Image
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 1055

                          Not a fan of them in my M1 Carbine, but they work most of the time... Mostly
                          You Better Brace Yourselves For A Whole Lotta Ugly Comin' At You From A Neverending Parade Of Stupid.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gogohopper
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 4733

                            M&P 9 promags s/b renamed blomags. Only thing better would have been if I bought them from blotach.
                            Originally posted by Webologist
                            I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              billt
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 1179

                              I'm hearing a lot of........ "OK for the range, but just not reliable enough for anything else". Who wants trouble with their guns at the range? Who wants trouble with their guns anytime? I sure as hell don't. When you buy a product, you expect it to perform 100% as intended.....PERIOD. If it doesn't because it was cheap, your getting screwed by the company you bought it from, regardless of how you look at it.

                              Would you put a battery in your car that would only start it half the time you got in it? You wouldn't think of buying such a worthless piece of crap. Yet people do just that with cheap magazines for their guns. Saving $20 bucks on a magazine that goes into a gun that costs several hundred dollars or more is purely BAD economics, no matter how you cut it.

                              This is how companies like Pro Mag stay in business, and never improve their products. They don't have to. People will still buy them regardless. 40 years ago they would have gone out of business producing crap like that. Today they thrive, because people have become penny wise and dollar foolish. It has become far too easy for companies like Pro Mag to separate them from their money. This is why one third of the population in this country, (100,000,000 people), are broke. Instead of paying $40.00 for something that works all of the time, they'll pay $20.00 for something that works half the time.....or less, and call it good.

                              I, like many, tried Pro Mags. They were junk, so I'll never buy them again. That's what I do with most products that don't do what they're supposed to. I don't have garage sales, so most of them end up in the land fill. Besides I would be embarrassed to sell someone that kind of crap...... Even though they love buying it. Some people are gluttons for economic punishment.
                              If common sense was so common, why don't liberals possess any?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1