Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Replacement DW grips

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr310
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2011
    • 5692

    Replacement DW grips

    I cracked one of the grips on my CBOB and want a replacement. I went on the website, couldn't find anything, and even called and left a voicemail inquiring about a replacement grip. I never received a response. I'm only interested in the OEM grips. Does anyone have a source where I could find one?

    I appreciate any and all help in advance.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.
  • #2
    nickel plate
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 2134

    Is it just a crack or now in more than one piece? Since you're searching around for a replacement, why not give JB WELD a shot at repairing it?

    Comment

    • #3
      someoneeasy
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 2372

      You can JB weld wood grips?

      Comment

      • #4
        Mr310
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2011
        • 5692

        Originally posted by nickel plate
        Is it just a crack or now in more than one piece? Since you're searching around for a replacement, why not give JB WELD a shot at repairing it?
        I'll try JB WELD. Hopefully it'll work; it's a crack starting from the top hole all the way to the top.

        Thanks for the idea!
        WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

        Comment

        • #5
          BEE
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2011
          • 2901

          The man you want to talk to over at Dan Wesson is Keith. He can be reached at (607)336-1174. He'll take care of you.

          Comment

          • #6
            someoneeasy
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 2372

            Make sure you use the JB woodweld and not the regular JB weld

            Comment

            • #7
              C&Rcollector
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 834

              I just sold my CBOB grips on eBay for $50 or they'd be yours.

              Keep an eye out on eBay and gunbroker. They come up for sale regularly.

              Comment

              • #8
                Legasat
                Intergalactic Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2009
                • 4151

                Do yourself a favor and go to the 1911 forums and search for Sarge. He has the most amazing grips, and he will make anything.
                ..

                .........STGC(SW)


                SAF Life Member

                sigpic
                NRA Benefactor

                Comment

                • #9
                  skosh69
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4290

                  Originally posted by Legasat
                  Do yourself a favor and go to the 1911 forums and search for Sarge. He has the most amazing grips, and he will make anything.
                  This^^^ I have a few sets, but the OP says he wants OEM grips.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    heidad01
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 4902

                    Get some super glue. Run a steak along the crack. Make sure it does not come out on the top side of the grip. Means use just enough glue to paint the two surface of the crack.. Put a couple of hefty rubber bands around it and give it a day. It will be good as new.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1