Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

please educate me on 9mm 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jingerale
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 1997

    please educate me on 9mm 1911

    so my last SSE of the year was reserved for an AR pistol because of SB808.

    Since it was vetoed, I'm thinking about something else now.

    I recently got a 1911 SA MC operator, and thought maybe I would like a 1911 in 9mm. (Have never shot one before)

    Now, this is one of those "why not" purchases, don't really need it. But would be nice considering no more SSE next year.

    Anyway, did some preliminary research and was interested in 3 options.

    SA Range Officer 9mm.
    Armscor 1911 A2 9mm/.22TCM
    RIA tac II 9mm

    Leaning away from the SA right now, seeing how the general consensus is RIA provides great value for what it costs. Also there's a $50 rebate vs. the 3 free mags from SA.

    For the Armscor, A2 is high cap/double stacked correct? Are mags hard to get? and what about mag blocks? I found some STI blocks but will it work? I read that some para and sti mags will work in the A2. what about holster? Will holsters made for STI work for the Armscor A2? I also have no idea what I would do with a .22tcm caliber.

    While we're on the subject of double stacked, RI 2011 is not double stacked right? RI 2011 is not the same as STI 2011.

    Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
    Don't have Activejunky yet? Use this, we both get $10.
    https://www.activejunky.com/invite/187782
    Swagbucks, we both get $3.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=16618665
    What about Ebates? click below
    https://www.ebates.com/r/CEECEE318?eeid=28187
    Lemoney referral link
    http://www.lemoney.com/i/jin-rewards...8f24fc1c4ccc17
    BeFrugal referral link
    https://www.befrugal.com/referral/?ref=PBPSEAE&s=5
  • #2
    brian5271
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 637

    I can't help you out with those three, but I will say that 9mm in 1911 is a lot of fun. I have the SA Loaded model and use it for some competitions without any trouble.

    I did have some trouble when I first got it, but sent to SA for warranty work and have not had a problem since.

    There are a couple of 9mm 1911 that are on the roster (I know the Loaded is on roster) just in case it does not work out by the end of the year.
    If I had to describe myself in one word it would be "bad at following directions"

    Comment

    • #3
      sanjoseskater
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 597

      Ria 1911 9mm tactical for 450 from grabagun.com. 50 mail rebate must be purchased by 10/15/2015 still a few days to get in on 50 rebate

      Comment

      • #4
        Euphoria526
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 3812

        I'll let you know when I get mine lol.
        Tomorrow goin to dros my sti spartan v. I'm excited needless to say.
        I've never shot one in 9mm either but it should be lots of fun. It's my first 1911 period. Lol
        Originally posted by Jimi Jah
        I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
        Originally posted by elpaisa1
        I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

        Originally posted by Euphoria526
        I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

        Comment

        • #5
          keenkeen
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2011
          • 6782

          I own a number of 1911 in 9mm and will by more in the future. Super fun range guns.

          I would do the Springfield RO...nice gun, I have one in 45acp.
          "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

          Comment

          • #6
            egpost916
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 506

            9mm 1911s are fun to shoot. Soft recoil and ammo is cheap(relatively). Never had any issues with my SA Loaded.

            Comment

            • #7
              JackRydden224
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2011
              • 7229

              OP I would skip out on the .22 TCM / 9mm combo. The .22 TCM is proprietary at the moment so mags and ammo are going to be difficult to find. I don't own any of the 3 you listed but I do own a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm. The guy is smooth like butter and a blast to shoot at the range. My had been 100% reliable as well.

              Do not listen to the guys who say 9mm 1911s are unreliable. That might be the case in the past but when you ask people who actual own them very few have problems.

              Comment

              • #8
                bwhited
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 1947

                Reliability is actually a benefit of the roster (one of the few).
                Manufacturers can not put out garbage that does not work, at least for their test firearms that they have to send in.


                Originally posted by JackRydden224
                OP I would skip out on the .22 TCM / 9mm combo. The .22 TCM is proprietary at the moment so mags and ammo are going to be difficult to find. I don't own any of the 3 you listed but I do own a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm. The guy is smooth like butter and a blast to shoot at the range. My had been 100% reliable as well.

                Do not listen to the guys who say 9mm 1911s are unreliable. That might be the case in the past but when you ask people who actual own them very few have problems.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Best sale
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2012
                  • 1092

                  WC spec ops 9....
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    metalhead
                    Member
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 444

                    9MM 1911's are really fun to shoot. I can only speak from my experience. My first 9mm 1911 was the Kimber Stainless Target in 9mm. I had FTEs issue with it and I had to replace its extractor with Wilson Combat Bulletproof extractor ($40). My second 9mm 1911 is the Dan Wesson PM9 and it is great out of the box. It is well built and tightly fit and accurate. It is one or two step up from my previous Kimber 9mm 1911. It is a keeper for me :-)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      thegamettt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 2630

                      the 9mm RO is pretty cool if you want a clean canvas for upgrades. Very accurate out of the box too.
                      Have a good day!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        runway1
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2011
                        • 1731

                        Originally posted by bwhited
                        Reliability is actually a benefit of the roster (one of the few).
                        Manufacturers can not put out garbage that does not work, at least for their test firearms that they have to send in.
                        You're joking, right? If manufacturers today put out garbage, the market would quickly take care of them, not the CA roster. Do you really think reliability and accuracy are tested by CA??

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bwhited
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 1947

                          Accuracy is not tested but reliability is based on there are only a few malfunctions allowed in the rounds tested. If there are constant malfunctions then it does not pass the test.


                          Originally posted by runway1
                          You're joking, right? If manufacturers today put out garbage, the market would quickly take care of them, not the CA roster. Do you really think reliability and accuracy are tested by CA??

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            davidwow
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 798

                            I love the 9mm in 1911. Even the compact guns feel easy to handle. The double stack 9mm 1911 doesnt make sense to me unless you go compact in size, or are LEO or live out of state

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mot Mi
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2013
                              • 1061

                              I have an SA loaded in 9mm and in 45. Between the two, I enjoy shooting the 9mm alot more. If budget is a concern, I would suggest going with an RIA in 9mm or the a2 for higher capacity when out of state. You can't go wrong either, as RIA and SA have some of the best warranties in the market.

                              I've personally ran around 3k rounds of 9mm through thr loaded and it has never had a malfunction. Has only been cleaned once through the mileage its been through. With hot reloads from various powders and even xtps or hps, its been completely flawless.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1