Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cz sp-01 9mm falling off roster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrvaudo
    Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 407

    Cz sp-01 9mm falling off roster?

    It expires 1/31/15 it looks like. Anyone have work on wether it's being renewed or is it falling off like so many others.
  • #2
    Dattebayo
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 2344

    I don't see why they wouldn't. They haven't made any changes to the SP-01 design. Albeit, the CA SP-01 is difficult to find.

    Comment

    • #3
      _TomT_
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 3354

      I see a bunch of them as well as the 75b at Turner's now. Just waiting for them to go on sale at this point.

      Comment

      • #4
        safety-1st
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 1300

        Yep ^

        Let the stores do the panicking a put these on massive sales when there roster deadlines expire.

        Comment

        • #5
          _TomT_
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 3354

          ^Agreed,

          The best deal I've had are when I went there for something else and wasn't looking to make a purchase. Sadly the clerks at Turners felt like they were doing me a favor allow me to buy their overpriced ammo and that I should kiss the ground they walk on. The only reason they even got a dime from me is because Wallyworld in ghetto areas stopped selling ammo.

          Comment

          • #6
            xxINKxx
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 4289

            Are these things always super hard to find? Or just gotten really popular lately?
            "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

            Comment

            • #7
              Canadadry
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 1065

              Originally posted by xxINKxx
              Are these things always super hard to find? Or just gotten really popular lately?
              It's a combination of both. I think it will get renewed. California is a big market. Like someone else stated before, they haven't made any changes to the gun so they should be able to get it back on the roster.

              Comment

              • #8
                bwhited
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 1947

                I would be amazed if they do not renew.
                I do hope that they wait till the last minute so the stores will panic and have large price cuts. That is when I will buy. If there is no price reduction, I will buy anyways.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BEE
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 2901

                  Shouldn't have to worry. CZ has been pretty good on renewing all of their handguns every year.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    _TomT_
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 3354

                    Originally posted by xxINKxx
                    Are these things always super hard to find? Or just gotten really popular lately?
                    They were hard to find at one time, now I see a few readily available in stores like the reseda Turners.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mrvaudo
                      Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • 407

                      Originally posted by Dattebayo
                      I don't see why they wouldn't. They haven't made any changes to the SP-01 design. Albeit, the CA SP-01 is difficult to find.
                      Is there a CA sp-01 version? What's the difference.

                      I'm kinda like everyone else and waiting until turners puts them on sale

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        _TomT_
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 3354

                        Originally posted by mrvaudo
                        Is there a CA sp-01 version? What's the difference.

                        I'm kinda like everyone else and waiting until turners puts them on sale
                        It has a certain SKU: 01152 IIRC, comes with CA compliant 10 round magazines instead of 18 round standard magazines.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tok36
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2013
                          • 3061

                          Originally posted by _TomT_
                          It has a certain SKU: 01152 IIRC, comes with CA compliant 10 round magazines instead of 18 round standard magazines.
                          As far as i understand it is likely that most all of the CZ's currently on the CA roster will be renewed.

                          I do not mean to contradict you here _TomT_. But i would like to add some information.

                          The SP-01's that ships with the 18 round mag and the SP-01's that ship with the 10 round mags are in fact the exact same pistol.

                          It is up to the FFL weather they will DROS the SP-01's shipped with 18 round mags.

                          I have first hand knowledge that some FFL's have no issues doing this. Nor in my personal opinion should they. You would however need to have the SP-01 that ships with the 18 round mags sent to an FFL with a High Capacity Magazine Permit. The FFL can then block the 18 round mags down to 10 rounds and your good to go.
                          Last edited by Tok36; 10-04-2014, 2:50 PM. Reason: Clairity
                          Vive La Exile Machine!!
                          Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
                          Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
                          Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
                          Will work for CZ Pics!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            stitch_paradox
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 1613

                            Is the sp01 tactical on roster?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              BEE
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 2901

                              Originally posted by stitch_paradox
                              Is the sp01 tactical on roster?
                              Negative, it must be acquired through SSE or PPT.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1