Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need advice please

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • calishooter619
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 14

    Need advice please

    Hi!

    I just bought a handgun in CA as an SSE so it came with two, 13rd magazines that the dealer was supposed to "block". When i got home and was loading the mags, I realized neither of the mags were blocked at all!!

    Did I get lucky? Is it a felony for me to keep these? Should I return these to the dealer immediately?I have read a lot about the high cap mags laws, but couldn't figure out a clear answer.

    I was thinking of buying some 10rd mags that I can take to the range, and just keep the 13 for home defense. However, if it is a felony if I was to get caught for some reason, it is not worth it to me.

    Can you please advise. Thank you!
  • #2
    VolvoWrench
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1007

    What kind of gun?
    You can probably buy blocks and block them yourself.
    Also, I wouldn't plan on using un-blocked 13 rnd. mags. even for H.D. If you shoot someone, the cops aren't gonna be happy that you had a 13 rnd. mag. in the gun.
    Boston Strong!

    Comment

    • #3
      calishooter619
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 14

      It is a xdm45

      Comment

      • #4
        customiiguy
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 1666

        there are probably a million "rebuild kits" in california bought b4 the ban.

        Comment

        • #5
          calishooter619
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 14

          I already paid the shop for the blocking, they just apparently didn't do it. I'd obviously rather have more rounds, but not if I'm going to get in trouble

          Comment

          • #6
            Novak77
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2013
            • 632

            1- You can take them back to the FFL and have them block them.

            2- You can block them.

            3- You can strip em and keep them as rebuilds

            Pretty sure the XD has not existed since 1999/2000 so not sure how rebuilds for a gun that did not exist would work anyway???

            Comment

            • #7
              VolvoWrench
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 1007

              It just so happens I have an XDm .45 ACP in 10 days jail right now.
              When I went to do the DROS, I noticed, in the very large case, that there were 2 10 round mags. in it.

              .45 ACP XD and XDm mags are the same. So, all you need to do is buy some 10 rnd. mags. I bought one yesterday on Cheaper than dirt. Oops, guess I got the last one.

              You can block the 2 13 rounders you got with this.


              Don't forget, S.A. is running a special right now to get you 3 free mags.
              Boston Strong!

              Comment

              • #8
                Twhite5555
                Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 108

                I would break them down and keep them. You might move out of this god forsaken state someday to a free state.
                California is lost.

                Comment

                • #9
                  VolvoWrench
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 1007

                  Here's the 10 round mag at C.T.D.
                  Boston Strong!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    calishooter619
                    Junior Member
                    • Sep 2014
                    • 14

                    Thanks for the replies. It is a xdM45. The case came with the 13rounders.

                    If I was caught by a cop at a range or elsewhere, will I be in trouble?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      teg33
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2013
                      • 3441

                      You must send the magazine to Kestryl for proper destruction

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        teg33
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 3441

                        Originally posted by calishooter619
                        Thanks for the replies. It is a xdM45. The case came with the 13rounders.

                        If I was caught by a cop at a range or elsewhere, will I be in trouble?
                        Unless you're exempt, you could be in trouble depending the circumstances

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          clunkmess
                          Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 291

                          Are there any lawsuits in progress that are fighting this nonsense 10-round law?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VolvoWrench
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 1007

                            I would not wanna get caught with 13 round mags.
                            Why not take them back to the shop and ask to trade them out for proper 10 rnd mags?
                            Boston Strong!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Cool Custard
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • 3292

                              Go get them blocked.
                              Stay Low, Go Fast, Take Chances

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1