Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.45 acp revolver

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SamGoldstein
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 1011

    .45 acp revolver

    I'm looking to buy a .45acp revolver and its pretty frustrating.

    I want a S&W 25-2 or S&W 22-4.

    If the internet gun sellers say "No Californa Sales" then I encounter the problem that the gun is not on the gun roster.

    So I can't find the 25-2 on the roster, and the 22-4 expired YESTERDAY! Argh!!!

    Can anyone help me find a CA legal version of these pistols? Or recommend a way to exempt them from the roster? Thanks.


    EDIT: Okay I just saw the sticky about S&W revolvers and how to convert them to single action. But I need to have my FFL dealer do this right? I don't think he knows how, besides I'm sure he'll screw it up. Who will do this?
    Last edited by SamGoldstein; 08-30-2014, 10:17 AM.
  • #2
    bsim
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Mar 2008
    • 892

    Stainless 625 is on the list.
    NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      RocketRider
      Member
      • Nov 2012
      • 254

      To get the older off-roster guns I've been looking for I've had to become a regular at a couple local shops that take in used guns. Inventory increases in the summer and before Christmas as people sell guns to get spending money. I'm not a real patient guy, so this approach can be a little frustrating.

      You can watch the CalGuns marketplace, but the good stuff at good prices sell fast.

      Comment

      • #4
        trigger945
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2012
        • 5795

        There is a used Model 25 at American Gun Works in Glendale. It looks good. About an hour or so drive for the OP.

        Besides that, new Model 625 JM should be on the roster, as well as the Model 625 Performance Center. IIRC, Gun World in Burbank sells both brand new.

        Hope this helps.
        Last edited by trigger945; 08-30-2014, 12:16 PM.
        One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

        AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

        Comment

        • #5
          GPC
          Member
          • Jan 2010
          • 202

          Current production Model 625's are extremely accurate and respond well to action work.

          Comment

          • #6
            shooting4life
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2009
            • 5770

            You can do the work yourself.

            Comment

            • #7
              eviioiive
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1620

              Im in the same boat... Plenty of 25-5 lol
              Originally posted by Kestryll
              Your name has been publicly printed in newspapers and on the web, your expectation of privacy is flat gone.
              Originally posted by CALGUNS.NET
              You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.

              Comment

              • #8
                SamGoldstein
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2012
                • 1011

                Originally posted by trigger945
                There is a used Model 25 at American Gun Works in Glendale. It looks good. About an hour or so drive for the OP.

                Besides that, new Model 625 JM should be on the roster, as well as the Model 625 Performance Center. IIRC, Gun World in Burbank sells both brand new.

                Hope this helps.
                Thanks for the tip on the 25. I'll check it out.

                Comment

                • #9
                  cantdance
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2014
                  • 919

                  find an sse dealer to remove the pawl off the hammer and sell it as a single shot? Then re-install it on delivery.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1