Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 in 9mm suggestions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sikvenum93
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 2181

    1911 in 9mm suggestions?

    I want to get a 1911 in 9mm before the SSE ends. Anyone one know of any decent, lower cost ones? My ideal budget is around 600-700 and my max max budget is 900 if its a really good gun. THanks for the suggestions!
    Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus
  • #2
    Mot Mi
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 1061

    Rock Island but if you can't get it in time I'd just get the 38 next year and buy the 9mm barrel then you'll have two guns in one... kinda. I would've suggested a Springfield as I have one but that's going over your budget. There's also a couple other's but I can only think about one right now and it's the Taurus in 9.
    Last edited by Mot Mi; 08-25-2014, 11:18 PM. Reason: added taurus

    Comment

    • #3
      Abraham32
      Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 107

      Originally posted by Mot Mi
      Rock Island but if you can't get it in time I'd just get the 38 next year and buy the 9mm barrel then you'll have two guns in one... kinda
      I second this, ria makes a great 9mm for the money with a few different versions to choose from.

      Comment

      • #4
        Sikvenum93
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2014
        • 2181

        Originally posted by Mot Mi
        Rock Island but if you can't get it in time I'd just get the 38 next year and buy the 9mm barrel then you'll have two guns in one... kinda
        Interesting, I've never fired .38 super. How's the recoil? DOes it have better ballistics?
        Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus

        Comment

        • #5
          Cool Custard
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 3292

          RIA tac 9mm. It's an awesome gun. Fits your budget too.
          Stay Low, Go Fast, Take Chances

          Comment

          • #6
            davidb
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 1769

            ria is good to go, for around $100 more theres taurus with some extra features
            over ria's tactical model

            i have a ria in 45 and a taurus in 9mm, both are great shooters, the ria needed a new barrel which ria did for free

            or you could up the price a little more and sse a springfield range officer

            Comment

            • #7
              InGrAM
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 3699

              Originally posted by Sikvenum93
              Interesting, I've never fired .38 super. How's the recoil? DOes it have better ballistics?
              The recoil is just a bit more than 9mm. You feel like you are shooting a gun when you shoot 38 super compared to 9mm in a 1911.

              RIA 38super to 9mm 1911 is an easy conversion I have done it so I second it as an option.

              Comment

              • #8
                jpm804
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 1609

                RIA 9mm
                Sti spartan V
                Springfield range officer

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mot Mi
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2013
                  • 1061

                  Originally posted by Sikvenum93
                  Interesting, I've never fired .38 super. How's the recoil? DOes it have better ballistics?
                  I've never shot one either but its almost the same as a 9? You can even use the same magazines that came with the 38. You really can't go wrong with Rock Island. I have only heard good things about them and if I didn't get bit by the CZ bug I would be in your shoes except I would have ended up with a Dan Wesson.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cc426
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 647

                    Originally posted by jpm804
                    RIA 9mm
                    Sti spartan V
                    Springfield range officer
                    that about covers the bases

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sikvenum93
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 2181

                      I'm leaning towards rock island. But I can't seem to find any SSE shops that have any of the 9mm ones in stock
                      Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        someoneeasy
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 2372

                        Where are you located? I'll point you in the right direction for a ria 1911 tactical in 9mm. If you go the 38 super direction, it would be for the gi model.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cc426
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 647

                          Originally posted by Sikvenum93
                          I'm leaning towards rock island. But I can't seem to find any SSE shops that have any of the 9mm ones in stock
                          You can always buy it online and have one of those shops transfer it and do the SSE.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jpm804
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2012
                            • 1609

                            Originally posted by Sikvenum93
                            I'm leaning towards rock island. But I can't seem to find any SSE shops that have any of the 9mm ones in stock
                            You can always buy online and just ship to an SSE FFL.

                            Seems grabagun has the tactical and Tac II I stock:

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sikvenum93
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2014
                              • 2181

                              Originally posted by someoneeasy
                              Where are you located? I'll point you in the right direction for a ria 1911 tactical in 9mm. If you go the 38 super direction, it would be for the gi model.
                              I'm going to school in LA(near Pasadena). But I'm currently in the Bay Area(Fremont) visiting the folks. I'd like something in LA but if better deals are to be had in the Bay I wouldn't mind going back up there during thanksgiving break.
                              Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1