Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ar pistol, folding stock adapter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chunky_lover
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1938

    ar pistol, folding stock adapter

    There is an adapter out there to make any ar 15 style rifle buffer tube fold
    You can not fire the weapon when folded, well you shouldnt fire when folded there is no way to prevent it from firing
    which could cause alot of problems if you did fire it but lets not get into that


    Now from doing measurements I can see even folded without a extension on the barrel it wont meet the 30 inch length
    and I dont want to add an extension, ive had problems with them on folding ak's not cycling properly

    So I was thinking we all have seen the arm braces on ar pistols
    im wondering if this folding adapter could work with the arm brace on a pistol

    as far as I can remember there is no length requirements on pistols
    just not sure about folding "braces" since its not really a stock right


    what do you all think



    here is a video of the folding buffer tube adapter
    Last edited by Chunky_lover; 08-10-2014, 9:48 AM.
    sigpic
  • #2
    Grumpyoldretiredcop
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2008
    • 6437

    Don't see why it wouldn't work on a pistol, with the caveat that given a short pistol barrel, you might have to adjust buffer weight to compensate for the additional weight of the bolt carrier extension. There is no statutory minimum OAL requirement for an AR pistol that I'm aware of other than those regarding SSE.

    I'm sure that you're probably aware of the arguments regarding the legality of arm braces on AR pistols in CA. If not, you might want to read up on it.
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

    Comment

    • #3
      Chunky_lover
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 1938

      oh im sure there are discussions on the legality of the brace
      but from the looks of it, its legal right now
      and I would assume so as long as you use it correctly

      but I have not read anything on it, just seen videos of the brace
      and it looks very iffy to me, especially when people on the videos clearly call it a stock
      sigpic

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1