Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walther P99 AS in 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Megalomegalodon
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 798

    Walther P99 AS in 9mm

    Just jailed a Walther P99 As on 08/01. Now the wait begins before I can qualify with it and add it to my CCW.
    NRA Endowment Member

  • #2
    jimmythebrain
    Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 425

    Thanks for the twitter type update.Be sure to let us know when you actually pick it up.

    Oh, you will really like the P99 AS. Great SA pull, short reset.

    Comment

    • #3
      nitroxdiver
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2009
      • 6979

      Congrats, you'll love it!


      Sent from classified location using Tapatalk.

      Comment

      • #4
        plan-b
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 680



        It's a fantastic gun. It never got the recognition it deserved. But at least there was a bright side to that... I managed to score a second one for a pretty good deal.

        Comment

        • #5
          nitroxdiver
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2009
          • 6979

          Did you get the newest generation with the longer mag release lever and no ski ramp in the trigger guard, or the original one?

          Trigger seems smoother on the latest generation. Really a shame it never got more attention. I love the AS trigger mechanism and striker decocker. Trigger reset is wonderful also. Only negative I can say about them is they seem a bit more "muzzle flippy" than other pistols.


          Sent from classified location using Tapatalk.

          Comment

          • #6
            Megalomegalodon
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2014
            • 798

            Originally posted by nitroxdiver
            Did you get the newest generation with the longer mag release lever and no ski ramp in the trigger guard, or the original one?

            Trigger seems smoother on the latest generation. Really a shame it never got more attention. I love the AS trigger mechanism and striker decocker. Trigger reset is wonderful also. Only negative I can say about them is they seem a bit more "muzzle flippy" than other pistols.


            Sent from classified location using Tapatalk.
            As far as I know it is a newer one. I purchased it new from OC Firearms. When did those changes happen?
            NRA Endowment Member

            Comment

            • #7
              BigPimping
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2010
              • 21485

              At least you can get a permit where you live.......lucky.
              sigpic

              PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

              When pimping begins, friendship ends.

              Don't let your history be a mystery

              Comment

              • #8
                plan-b
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 680

                Originally posted by Megalomegalodon
                As far as I know it is a newer one. I purchased it new from OC Firearms. When did those changes happen?
                The info might be a little bit dated but there's some info about the P99's revisions over the years here: http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99FAQ/index.html

                If you really get into it, you might wanna consider signing up at waltherforums.com too.

                BTW, both your username and avatar are awesome.

                Comment

                • #9
                  nitroxdiver
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 6979

                  Originally posted by Megalomegalodon
                  As far as I know it is a newer one. I purchased it new from OC Firearms. When did those changes happen?

                  You got he newer generation then if you purchased it new. The older gen, with the ski hump in the trigger guard, had slightly better visual appeal to me, but the newer gen is more comfortable to shoot and has a smoother trigger IMO. The old style trigger guard with the hump pinches my finger occasionally. They are really a fantastic pistol.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1